The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pot Of Jam by James Brown - *New* Download (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MatrixAddict
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MatrixAddict
Just to be clear, the 13.34 price is for the single trick download correct? On the site, it looks like the complete DVD is being sold for that price. Thanks!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2827 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2017, MatrixAddict wrote:
Just to be clear, the 13.34 price is for the single trick download correct? On the site, it looks like the complete DVD is being sold for that price. Thanks!

The Alakazam promotion is for the full DVD. Great deal.
MatrixAddict
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of MatrixAddict
Thanks Stunninger, that is indeed a great deal!
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
527 Posts

Profile of martysh
So your discussion here excited me to the trick /dvd I have avoided for years... but heard so many good things about. I caught it late last week the dvd that is and went straight to the fancy a pot of jam trick the third on the thing...

well living in South Carolina I didn't think a pot of jam would play too well especially the "fancy" part... was about to scour the local grocery stores for a possible replacement idea and I came up with something that might work...hadn't tried it though...

wife cleaned a small jar this week end but seemingly bigger than the one in the video... maybe harder to pocket ...
I filled it with coins ...shaking it and leaving only smaller coins at the top.. I got most of the noise controlled. as big as the jar is it still can be hidden on an overhand hold ...

I only worry that might be only too heavy to drop ..so I might just drop it from a lower postion..
I think that is going to solve my load question...
might make up a smaller one for day to day

marty

"fancy a pot of ...........coins"
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
If you're on the fence about this effect I say jump. especially since E is doing a 15% off sale today.
I picked up the dvd on Alakazam and like everyone said, there is a lot of good material on there. I got the Ellusionist DL as well because the explanation for Pot of Jam is done in a lecture type setting on the Alakazam DVD, so a lot of time wasn't taken to explain every step in detail. Both are a great value but for my learning style, the new Ellusionist download worked better for me.
cinefisch
View Profile
New user
Wauwatosa
27 Posts

Profile of cinefisch
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2017, Xiqual wrote:
This looks just like Roy Johnson's "Cent" from "The Roy Johnson experience" Exactly like it but no cute wordplay.

James

Thanks James. I’ll leave it in that case.

It is exactly Roy Johnson's Cent which has always been one of my favorite Close-up routines.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I've tried using a large bolt with two nuts screwed on it.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
This is an old trick but I like the play here and glad to see it brushed-off and out there again. I used to do this with a large nut, and would ask folks if they wanted to see something "nutz!" Smile It always played well, and the interaction between specs is wonderful. Pretty easy to get down and continues to be amazing. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Sorry I didn’t get this earlier. Simple, direct and fun. For 9 bucks too? This is a value.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah, it's a good deal for all it teaches you. It's a good little closeup piece of magic, the sorta magic I first saw and admired growing up in NYC and being around some really good closeup men at Tannen's Magic Shop back in the day. Smile

The old (original?) effect by Roy Johnson goes back to the 70s or so. It was done basically the same way, but is just as fooling today as to something impossible appearing. I like the new touches, mostly because it brings back something really worthwhile as to good magic. Smile It takes practice (like anything worthwhile) to get it down good, but once you got it, you got yourself a real goody!
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pot Of Jam by James Brown - *New* Download (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL