The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Worst customer service award (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, Logan wrote:
Another vote for Hocus Pocus for me!

Whilst not a major deal breaker, about 10 years ago I once ordered a bunch of things from them and everything arrived except one. In the box was a pink slip that was basically an apology and an IOU for the trick.

Now, if this was still 1995, it wouldn't be an issue however with e-mail and communication at the speed of light, it was inexcusable! I would have rather they told me it was out of stock (or better yet, mention it on their product page!) before mailing out my order so I could buy something else I needed.

I complained to Hocus Pocus, got an apology but the whole thing didn't feel right, almost like they just wanted my money.

I wish that was my worst experience in shopping for magic.
And yeah, 10 years ago?
Let it go bro.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Oh, I have let it go guys. I still do browse their site.

Just my 2 cents since we're on the topic is all.

Also, just goes to show how important taking care of your customers is!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Wow, Logan. Good to see you back dude. You were a great contributor to the Café. The good ole days.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
We give pretty good service at kozmomagic and The Reel Magic Marketplace and using reel magic rebates there are some pretty good deals on the site..

:) Just sayin
Andy Gemini
View Profile
Regular user
England
119 Posts

Profile of Andy Gemini
In the UK, I have a problem with FULL 52. Ordered from them in October but still no goods or any reply to my emails.
Have used them before with no problem so cannot understand it. Always thought Dave Forrest was a straight up guy...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You’re not the first Andy, to complain about Forrest. Why I’ve never ordered anything from him.

He’s one of a select few that only ever show up here to promote their latest effect. And then, as if by magic, they disappear until the dust settles.
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
Only ordered from Penguin and Sansminds this year.

So I'd have to say sansminds. Not terrible. But not stellar either.

Also, Roy Kueppers treated me great when I ordered a FLY unit last year.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Todd Lassen...3 emails over a 2 month period about ordering a set of coins. Not a single reply
celebrity
View Profile
Inner circle
1966 Posts

Profile of celebrity
Sansminds has to be well up there, having been in this industry for 22 years I have never encountered a company that has so little respect for its customers!

Almost every effect I have seen from them boils down to a highly edited video of unpractical material that wouldn't fool any living person. Plus their whole business ethic stinks too!

If you have been stung by their false advertising and the impractical nature of their products please feel free to agree!

Best Wishes Michael
As a mentalist you must always ask yourself what if! And throughout your life you should seek to ask and answer this question over and over again, only then will your wildest dreams become a reality!

Visit - www.mindfx.co.uk to learn more!
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, dman11 wrote:
Todd Lassen...3 emails over a 2 month period about ordering a set of coins. Not a single reply

He doesn't answer emails, give him a call via phone and leave a message, he will call you back very shortly.

He should let it be know on his website that he doesn't answer emails. I thought the same thing as you 10 years ago when I first tried to contact him via email, until someone informed me he doesn't answer emails.
nooner
View Profile
Regular user
187 Posts

Profile of nooner
Blue Crown. Will never buy from them again. Doesn't answer repeated emails when product never shipped.
Logan
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of Logan
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Wow, Logan. Good to see you back dude. You were a great contributor to the Café. The good ole days.

It's good to be back brother!

I agree, been gone from the Café for far too long haha!
You've been hit by, you've been struck by, a smooth criminal.

Singapore's Hairiest Corporate Comedy Magician!
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
As much as I hate to say this, Penguin Magic has been slipping as of late. I used to really be impressed with their fast service. The last 3 orders I have placed, including one two days ago, are taking 2 to 3 days to ship. They used to ship same day. Not sure if it is a holiday thing? I always order item that show in stock and will ship today. Then a few days go by....
Bartelli
View Profile
Elite user
Belgium
403 Posts

Profile of Bartelli
I'm sorry that I have to mention this guy, I am a fan. But this is just ridiculous. I'm waiting since 2012 for a 100GBP book by Mark Elsdon.

And I am not the only one. See this thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

In 2014 there was news: it would be released in that year. The latest news was that we would recieve the pdf version on Friday the 13th of October 2017 and the hardcopy would be mailed out on Monday 13th of November 2017 at the latest. (SIC)

This is a post from his blog: http://elsdon.blogspot.be/2014/05/mentalism-reveals-3.html. Since this post there has only been silence. In a couple months the wait will be 6 years.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2018, Bartelli wrote:
I'm sorry that I have to mention this guy, I am a fan. But this is just ridiculous. I'm waiting since 2012 for a 100GBP book by Mark Elsdon.

And I am not the only one. See this thread: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15

In 2014 there was news: it would be released in that year. The latest news was that we would recieve the pdf version on Friday the 13th of October 2017 and the hardcopy would be mailed out on Monday 13th of November 2017 at the latest. (SIC)

This is a post from his blog: http://elsdon.blogspot.be/2014/05/mentalism-reveals-3.html. Since this post there has only been silence. In a couple months the wait will be 6 years.

It sounds like he is following the Todd Karr Miracle Factory business model.
xstarchguy
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of xstarchguy
Blue Crow, without a doubt. Have emailed them 12 times for something purchased in November of last year and have not received. Still no response!
Why.So.Serious?
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Why.So.Serious?
Roy Kueppers !!
Cohiba
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
749 Posts

Profile of Cohiba
Blue Crown as well.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
I recently did a personal test by sending out a small order to a few magic supply companies. I wanted to see how they rate on accuracy of my order, responses to my emails, phone attitude courtesy, promptness and knowledge of what I was ordering. I was very surprised on the outcome. Now I know who I will be ordering from with a larger order. I will not post the losers or the winner. You do your own test, just keep it under $20.00 and see what happens.
tony4938
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
94 Posts

Profile of tony4938
Second vote for Full52, first and last time I'll order from him, worst customer service I've experienced in any industry.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Worst customer service award (51 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL