The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ignition ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I originally posted this question downstairs however I don't think I'm giving anything away by posting the question here and might get better feed back hence the repeat question for those who perform walk around magic.

For those out there that use and perform Ignition especially in impromptu situations and table hopping situations how do you carry the effect so that you don't lose that all important bit ?

Feel free to PM if its easier rather than exposing the workings.....thanks.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
I just carry it in my side jacket pocket. There are two little pockets within, that I keep it in by itself.
I work restaurants mainly and wear a sports jacket. Now if you are trying to keep it in your jeans pocket
that could pose a problem. Yes, you have to be careful. Just experiment. I know what you are talking about.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
Does anybody have any other unique ways to carry/store the gimmick? I keep it secure in my wallet if am just out and about and take my wallet out to perform something else (Powerball 60, Extreme Burn, etc.) and steal the gimmick then and add it to my keychain. If I know I am going to be performing it, I have it already in place on the keychain in a secure pocket.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
That's the problem with Ignition it's a great effect but there's not a practical way to carry it without the risk of losing that all important bit.
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
I have been fortunate enough to not lose it yet, but it certainly seems like I will eventually based on other's experiences. I was hoping somebody had come up with some sort of clever and easy way to carry it around and ring it into play without attention. I agree that it is a great effect and very fun to perform.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
How about a small rubber band, like the ones used in special coins, wrapped around both bits near the bottom? I would think that would be easy enough to slide off in the pocket but would keep everything together.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
That's a great idea! I am assuming you are talking about the very small one used for gimmicked coins? I don't have much experience with these bands. Are they fairly durable and would last for a period of time in a pocket without breaking?
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Those small rubber bands used in gimmicked coins were originally purposed for dental braces, which would mean they would likely be able to handle stretching and stress. As with any rubber band, they will wear with usage and time however considering that a few bucks buy you a hundred, changing them every week or three wouldn't be prohibitive.

Glad you think it's a good idea. It's what I came up with when I first purchased ignition but never had a chance to try it. Let me know how it works out.

Quote:
On Jan 20, 2021, Rodeo wrote:
That's a great idea! I am assuming you are talking about the very small one used for gimmicked coins? I don't have much experience with these bands. Are they fairly durable and would last for a period of time in a pocket without breaking?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Rodeo
View Profile
New user
BC, Canada
51 Posts

Profile of Rodeo
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2021, Kaliix wrote:
Those small rubber bands used in gimmicked coins were originally purposed for dental braces, which would mean they would likely be able to handle stretching and stress. As with any rubber band, they will wear with usage and time however considering that a few bucks buy you a hundred, changing them every week or three wouldn't be prohibitive.

Glad you think it's a good idea. It's what I came up with when I first purchased ignition but never had a chance to try it. Let me know how it works out.

Sounds like they will be fairly durable then. Replacing it once a week would be no issue. I was more worried about them breaking daily in my pocket.

I found some online and am ordering them. I will sacrifice my gimmick and see how it works out! Haha. Thanks again for the suggestion.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Ignition ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL