The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » 'Nothing But The Truth' by Craig Petty » » Episode #8 : The Twixter by Neil Trigger (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4787 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Craig,
Thanks for the emotional review. I really enjoy your passion and have been a fan of your commentary for a long time.

In this case I really believe your "rant" is justified, and serves the magic community. This offering is just plain inane, and granted, there have been many, many stupid tricks released in magic's history, but this one is trying desperately to pass itself off as serious ironic magic, but is flawed on so many levels which you go over in great detail.

Food magic is always dodgy, but chocolate? It's messy. It really is. I melts from a human touch even in cooler weather. You can't keep a candy bar on your person without the wrapper, and you certainly can't handle it without leaving prints everywhere. And unwrapped food is questionable anyway. I know there have been tricks with mints, and gum, but for some reason those items seem less vulnerable than chocolate.

Yeah, this one is a no go for me. Thanks Craig.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1921 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
And who keeps an unwrapped Twix in their sleeve? I literally laughed out loud when I saw that thinking how utterly stupid it is and that this has to be some type of troll as no one can be that stupid.
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Bah Craig you’re mediocre – and rubbish – boo

Ahem… Mr Petty can you buy my ticket for the last day at Blackpool

[secret thought to myself – it will be worth the humiliation in the ‘magic off’ for the freebie]

I do like the idea of calling someone mediocre – then when challenged saying, ‘oh but they are much better than I am’ – err ok

Right I need to practice my DLs for Blackpool
sirbrad
View Profile
Inner circle
1921 Posts

Profile of sirbrad
Quote:
On Jan 6, 2018, The Duster wrote:
Bah Craig you’re mediocre – and rubbish – boo

I do like the idea of calling someone mediocre – then when challenged saying, ‘oh but they are much better than I am’ – err ok

Yeah that is quite the self-imposed insult. Smile
The great trouble with magicians is the fact that they believe when they have bought a certain trick or piece of apparatus, and know the method or procedure, that they are full-fledged mystifiers. -- Harry Houdini
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of King14
Enter BGT. That will let the public no if you are good enough to entertain. If you guys are great as you say you can entertain the Queen with £100 000 in your pocket.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
696 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » 'Nothing But The Truth' by Craig Petty » » Episode #8 : The Twixter by Neil Trigger (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL