The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks with red/black alternating set-up (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MorrisCH
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Hi guys, I've been working on Redford stack and have practiced the stack up to performance level
one of the main features in redford stack is by shifting few cards the stack arrive at red/black alternating set up

right now I'm working on Tamariz's neither blind nor stupid and Pit Hartling's Chaos
can anyone recommended other tricks that use such set up?
I'm not worry too much about the value of the stack, I'm only worry about the colour
and I can live with stack being destroy at the end.
Thanks
Michael Daniels
View Profile
Inner circle
Isle of Man
1376 Posts

Profile of Michael Daniels
You could use the Gilbreath Principle here.

Mike
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1838 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Card college light, TNT followed by Intuition (if my memory serves me right).
Ricardo Delgado
View Profile
Regular user
188 Posts

Profile of Ricardo Delgado
I strongly recommend that you try to do "Neither blind nor stupid" with your stack instead of red/black alternated sequence.
It is really easy, you don't need to "hide" the faces of the cards at the end and you can work on convincers trough the routine like showing the faces so people see they are random, etc.

That fooled Penn and Teller" by the way.
Ferry Gerats
View Profile
Regular user
the Netherlands
152 Posts

Profile of Ferry Gerats
Take a look at New Self-Working Card Tricks, More Self-Working Card Tricks and My Best Self-Working Card Tricks from Karl Fulves. Each of them does have a chapter on Red-Black tricks.
Melephin
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of Melephin
Lennart Green's Index Red and Black
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Veteran user
CA
397 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
The Ron Bauer booklet #3 Feminine Side by Tony Chaudhuri. Doesn't use the whole deck.
j100taylor
View Profile
Inner circle
1001 Posts

Profile of j100taylor
You could go from a shuffled pack in use to alterating r/b by performing Aunt Mary's Terrible secret.
Lakewood, Ohio
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4777 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Blockbuster by Darwin Ortiz from the Cardshark book - ends with alternating red/black.
This is a very good trick, recommmended.
Shikina
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
243 Posts

Profile of Shikina
Look up Point Spread by Simon Aronson (it's the first effect in Simply Simon). Brilliant demonstration of shuffle-tracking by the performer that is almost entirely self-working, done in the hands of the spectators, and utterly baffling.

I'm also partial to Beyond by Stephen Leathwaite (Spiral Principle DVD). It's a two person OOTW that is similar in methodology to A Pale Blue by Ben Blau, which Patrick recommends in the back of Temporarily Out of Order.

Of course, you could also remove 8 consecutive cards and perform Nick Trost's classic 8 Card Brainwave from The Card Magic of Nick Trost.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2296 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, Shikina wrote:
Look up Point Spread by Simon Aronson (it's the first effect in Simply Simon). Brilliant demonstration of shuffle-tracking by the performer that is almost entirely self-working, done in the hands of the spectators, and utterly baffling. ...[edited]...

Point Spread is fantastic. I used to do this and for some reason stopped. Must dust this one off again.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1503 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2018, Terrible Wizard wrote:
Card college light, TNT followed by Intuition (if my memory serves me right).
Follow the Leader in "Card College Lightest" originally from Vernon's "Five Close Up Problems".+
Remember, slightly less than two present of all UFO sightings turn out to be actual extraterrestrial craft.
Borrow three wide brimmed felt hats from the audience.
Dr. Harlan Tarbell
Waters.
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Waters.
If you use Si Stebbins for “Neither Blind Nor Stupid” , you can remove the first card to reveal it, then never look at the faces of the second packet. In this way, with the slightest bit of fishing you can reveal the second card (“with only your mind”). This also leaves you in a great position for the world’s most popular card trick.
Sean Waters' Mentalism:
www.experience-architecture.com
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Special user
Canada
904 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
"Color Vision" - Steve Beam, Semi-Automatic Card Tricks, Volume 1

Spectator legitimately shuffles the (ordinary) deck, then tables same face-down. You then both take turns at guessing the color of the top card of the deck, going through the entire thing, or until you wish to stop. And while the spectator is occasionally correct, you are NEVER wrong.

Wonderful, wonderful effect and one that I probably shouldn't have mentioned....

As Max Maven would say, it employs a thing of "terrifying beauty". Smile
To purchase my released works, please visit www.curiousmiracles.biz

Join me on facebook!
Waters.
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of Waters.
... thanks for that Sudo. Always appreciated!
Sean Waters' Mentalism:
www.experience-architecture.com
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1365 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On Jan 30, 2018, Shikina wrote:
Look up Point Spread by Simon Aronson (it's the first effect in Simply Simon). Brilliant demonstration of shuffle-tracking by the performer that is almost entirely self-working, done in the hands of the spectators, and utterly baffling.

I'm also partial to Beyond by Stephen Leathwaite (Spiral Principle DVD). It's a two person OOTW that is similar in methodology to A Pale Blue by Ben Blau, which Patrick recommends in the back of Temporarily Out of Order.

Of course, you could also remove 8 consecutive cards and perform Nick Trost's classic 8 Card Brainwave from The Card Magic of Nick Trost.

Nice of you to mention “A Pale Blue”. I’ve continued to work on the concept since publishing Asymptotes, and have a brand new version that blows it out of the water. It’ll be in my new book, which will be coming out soon.
BraydenDeweese52
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of BraydenDeweese52
In “Art Decko” Simon Aronson mentions using a cyclical stack such as Si Stebbins for The Trick That Cannot be Explained, which has become my favorite use of said stack. You can also go straight into Call to the Colors from Bill Simon which is another great use of a red/black alternating setup (and my favorite sleight of all time).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tricks with red/black alternating set-up (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL