The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIGITAL FORCE BAG BY NICK EINHORN (190 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14..17..20..23..26..28~29~30 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The app doesn’t show up on a search with my iPad so I assumed it was iPhone only.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I only got that from the description on the App store

I have since bought it - my first App ever

I really don't have the taste for Inject 2

Although I am lustinng after another App [thanks to the trick of the year thread... though the only nom for it - is by the creator - hmm... it still seems like a very interesting effect]

Anyway this one seems pretty cool

Just need to learn how to do screen shots - and then think presentation... I love it doesn't need internet...
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’m not a huge lover of Inject. It’s too complicated for my liking and I don’t really like tampering with other people’s phone. This and wiki test is all you need.
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2018, The Duster wrote:
As in if I have to buy it twice - it's too much [$60]

This is NOT designed for iPad. It is an iPhone trick and will look a little odd on an iPad. Just to let you know.
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Thanks

I'm happy with it on my iPhone - now I've played with it a bit

It does say iPad in the App Store description

Thanks again
einhorn
View Profile
Regular user
London
190 Posts

Profile of einhorn
Just to let you know that our updates have just been approved by Apple and the newest version will be available for update or purchase in the next few hrs, if not already. This new update allows for total customisation of language and now 5 force lists (2 set and now 3 customisable).
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 5, 2018, Psy wrote:
This app is great but the creators are not pushing to include all the updates and suggestions that are needed. Other great apps take suggestions and very soon they launch an updated version with all the suggestions. Great app but not very fast/good customer service.

Happy now?
mrjinglesusa
View Profile
New user
Fairfax
57 Posts

Profile of mrjinglesusa
Wow. The update takes a lot (most) of users' suggestions and, if possible, is even better now. I thought it was perfect from the get go but with this update it's gotten even better. Thanks Einhorn and Co.!!!!
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
Presidente Prudente/SP - Brasil
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2018, einhorn wrote:
This new update allows for total customisation of language

This is really a great magical app, maybe the best, but I have to disagree with that statement.

As a user of another language, I can say that there are still some "details" to be customized/translated.

Anyway, thank you and congratulate the creators for this great tool.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I still don’t get why you would ask someone for a number then get out your own phone and go to your own notes and say what card is at say number 23
( 6 of clubs for example ) and then ask them to spread the deck that has always been on the table to reveal the face up card . Why ask for a number ? You would surely just ask for any named card and it would appear face up ? The number is irrelevant and just tips off why you used your phone as it has no coherence where it is in the deck and just looks obvious that the phone is involved . It’s surely far better and pretty much self working to use a brainwave deck from the start . Even the baby gag looks far more normal using a Sven pad than a phone . Everyone knows about technology but very few lay people ( and even magicians sometimes ) know about the very old basic principles of magic . The techno stuff nearly everyone in the world knows about these day , you even sign for a parcel in the UK with a pen that doesn’t write but transmits somewhere else regards Tarik 🙂
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
The simple answer... just don't use it ?
mrjinglesusa
View Profile
New user
Fairfax
57 Posts

Profile of mrjinglesusa
It’s so much more than that Tarik.

I’ve never once used it for a card effect and the response I usually get is “Wait, what? How did you do that?”

To use this to maximum effect it’s all about how and what you reveal.
MitchC
View Profile
Elite user
Can't believe I only have
415 Posts

Profile of MitchC
SO many great ideas on the Facebook group. Get 'Donald Draw' app... the 'Einstein' reveal, Elvis with coke, Marilyn with an apple ... I do something first then into a yet to be released effect 'SIRIously Mental' (see the posts on the SVENPAD FB group) - Force a song, ask SIRI to play the song he/she is thinking of.... SIRI gets it WRONG, then corrects herself and plays the correct song. ALL of them get jaw dropping 'NO WAY' reactions. It works for me big time.

IMIGINATION.... get creative... or give up and go home ?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Tarik, what made you think you use it like a brainwave effect? Was that in the ad?
Used as you described would be silly. Don’t think anyone uses it that way. I certainly wouldn’t.
There are a million non-card ways to use it.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I use the emoji force which is awesome, and also the list of the 100 most visited Cities. That city just so happens to be selected on your google maps app. Bit like city prediction but cleaner.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
No Videoman these are 2 of the main show stopper effects in the actual tutorial on the app 😉 . I think Mitch C that you may get “ no way “ , shortly folllowed by “ yes way “ in their heads as it’s the only way . I think these apps are clever and I have bought this and have a few others but in reality hardly ever use them in real performances as to me spectators are clued up these days on technology and as I would never ever join Facebook I mainly can only use the ideas that come with these effects or any I think up or other magicians show me . I am pretty sure the creators would have listed at least what they considered to be some of the best ideas and I often think these apps excite us more as magicians rather than logical spectators and we soon demote these to an effect we do when we have nothing else on us and they become just a pub trick . I know loads of magicians who perform close up and also have these apps . Very very few if any perform any single one of them at a paid gig . All my in honest opinion Tarik 🙂
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2018, Tarik Flash wrote:
I know loads of magicians who perform close up and also have these apps . Very very few if any perform any single one of them at a paid gig . All my in honest opinion Tarik 🙂

Well I am using this! I'm a full-time working pro.... Perhaps I'm in the minority then?
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Absolutely I said very few I didn’t say all . The less people doing a certain effect has advantages for sure. Best wishes Tarik 🙂
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
By the way like I said I have bought this and a good few of the other top magic apps and they are genious and the creators are fantastically clever . I am just pointing out that when it comes to the crunch I personally don't see that many magicians using them in their professional sets . This is certainly one of the best I have seen though Tarik 🙂
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
There is probably only one app I use in paid gigs but then I primarily perform cabaret. I can think of very few instances where I feel it is justified to take your phone out on stage. The other reason is that many of my favourite apps require an internet connection. My primary work is banquets and many of the venues I work are in basements with absolutely no signal. I like to be in control of as much as possible during a paid gig and I have absolutely no control of my own mobile signal let alone a participant signal who may be on a completely different network to me. So if an app requires an internet connection it is instantly ruled out of my set. If I were doing close up it wouldn’t be as much of an issue as it is a lot easier to change sets between tables.

Fortunately this doesn’t require an internet connection but it wouldn’t suit my style to use this on stage. For stage I think it would be far more professional to have properly prepared my list onto some kind of visual medium rather than use the notes app on my phone. For close up or for casual performances the phone notes are much easier to justify. I have this and I will use it in casual situations once I have found the right vehicle for it. I don’t see a problem with the notes app if there is some layering. I’m not a great lover of the simple force/reveal presentation in general. I prefer to use the force item as a starting point rather than an end point. For instance use the word association effect from Atlas Brookings the real thing. Or use some of the ideas from Pete Turners Devil in Disguise 2. This way the thing you reveal isn’t on the list nor has it ever been on the list.

The challenge I have right now is finding a good way to know the number without them telling you. In order to move away from the force/reveal presentation it’s important that the spectator believes you don’t know the number especially if you perform any rainman effects that would indicate that you can easily remember a list of 109 things.

If the position on the list is not known to you and the item at that position is only used as a starting point and the spectator uses it as a springboard to get to an apparently free destination. When you reveal that destination that only ever existed in their head the last thing they will suspect is an app.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIGITAL FORCE BAG BY NICK EINHORN (190 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..14..17..20..23..26..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL