The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The Joys of Beer Floats (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SacredChao
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of SacredChao
Not the drink, I'm afraid (but not a bad idea, even in the dead of winter!)

Would anyone have any suggestions for making a full bottle of beer (weight being anywhere from 1 lb 4.1 - 4.4 oz.) float/levitate? I've had a few ideas of my own, but they seem a bit out there.

I wasn't sure where exactly to go with this query, so I thought here would be a good place.

Thanks in advance!

S.C.
music
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of music
There is a gimmick that is I believe a thumb... with a suc.... on the tip of it. Not sure who makes it but it might be vernet.
moderators,If this is to descriptive please delete.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, there was a floating bottle on the market, the company went defunct because no one purchased it. The gimmick mentioned above has been around for some years. I don't think it would work with a glass bottle, maybe a plastic one.

Being you did not reveal your idea as to what type or where the bottle will be floating, there is little to suggest. I will mention that the weight you list, is to heavy for most floating effects, except maybe the Zombie method. Nothing on the market currently, so it all depends on your crafting skills.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yeah! I still have one of those TT gaffs to float something like a light bulb! It would never handle a full "gottle o geer".
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
This may be an expensive(ish) experiment, but I wonder if you could modify Ammar's Exquisite to fit the bottle. You may not even need to. Heck...I may just dig the one I'm not using out and give it a try.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Just wondering if perhaps a dove levitation/suspension could work for this?
SacredChao
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of SacredChao
Music: I thought of that, too. However, I really want it to be visibly free of my hands.

Rook: That does look cool, but the beer bottle needs to be seen floating.

Wravyn: The weight of an average dove is 4.5 - 6 oz. I'm afraid that I would need to know how much a dove levitation method can take weight-wise.

I think I might have worked something out, but it's going to need A LOT of testing on-camera. Frankly, there's worse excuses to buy a six-pack.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jan 21, 2018, SacredChao wrote:
Music: I thought of that, too. However, I really want it to be visibly free of my hands.

Rook: That does look cool, but the beer bottle needs to be seen floating.

Wravyn: The weight of an average dove is 4.5 - 6 oz. I'm afraid that I would need to know how much a dove levitation method can take weight-wise.

I think I might have worked something out, but it's going to need A LOT of testing on-camera. Frankly, there's worse excuses to buy a six-pack.

I like your way of thinking! What if you drank it down to lessen the weight and then go full impromptu with it, if weight is a problem. just sayin'. Good luck!
John Oaks
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of John Oaks
Quote:
On Jan 17, 2018, music wrote:
There is a gimmick that is I believe a thumb...

I have one of those. A full bottle of beer would be pushing its limits. At least the one I have.
Have a Magical Day!
------

I really didn't know how to explain it.
So I told them the truth, and they fell for it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The Joys of Beer Floats (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL