The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » As If By Magic - New Lewis Jones Book! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5254 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I'm a BIG fan of Lewis Jones's work. He has just released a new book called "As If By Magic," and his site states that it is a limited edition of only 150 copies.
http://www.lewisjonesmagic.co.uk/

I have all of his other books, and I have NEVER been disappointed. Looking forward to receiving this one! Just thought I'd give you all a heads up.
abecarnow
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of abecarnow
Absolutely, order now. Lewis Jones is a best kept secret in magic, his mind works in wondrous ways, his work is always excellent.
adiabaticman
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California (East Bay Area)
120 Posts

Profile of adiabaticman
I ordered as soon as I saw the email today. Waiting eagerly to receive the book.
Watching those electrons dance on the adiabat, from Franck-Condon to the Asymptote.
Indistinguishable
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Indistinguishable
Wholehearted endorsement for Lewis's latest book. And I also agree - get it while you can as Lewis seems to focus on doing one print run, after which the book is no longer available.

As an earlier poster commented, Lewis does appear to be a "best kept secret" though he has been mentioned more frequently recently after his "Binary Code" principle was used by Rick Lax to fool P&T.

The thing that I like most about his magic is that it captures the "real magic" element - in that the spectator sees that it is not something that "with practice, I could learn that too" - i.e. it's not some fancy sleight, or flourish, but something truly weird/odd/magical/inexplicable happens. Though I still enjoy seeing some clever manipulation magic, what I most enjoy is not the demonstration of juggling skill, but rather weird coincidences and apparent impossibilities. Where the effect is not just "difficult" but (ideally) scientifically impossible. This book, like everything else I've read from this man, has those ingredients a'plenty. ala

It's always hard to make accurate comparisons, but personally I find his ideas are in a similar vein with Karl Fulves.

Enjoy!
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
Ordered on January 15th, received it today, the 22nd. Awesome! Can't wait to dive in.
johoyo
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of johoyo
Quality stuff from Lewis, as usual; some offbeat thinking and meticulous development of ideas to fruition. Plus, he is a delight to deal with, prompt personal service.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2038 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Any reviews?

any effects in there that are magician foolers?

or math based?

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
magicthree
View Profile
Veteran user
398 Posts

Profile of magicthree
BMW, there is a review over at www.littleegyptmagic.com in the feb. issue.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » As If By Magic - New Lewis Jones Book! (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL