The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How Do I Become A Close Up Worker Magician (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jell92
View Profile
New user
Denmark
85 Posts

Profile of Jell92
Hey David,

Hmm how would you suggest that he should become a restaurant magician? I strongly believe that if you find the right restaurant they will let you show a trick or two to some of the guests:)

Just my opinion!

Anders
http://cardtrickmaster.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2675 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2018, Jell92 wrote:
Hey David,

Hmm how would you suggest that he should become a restaurant magician? I strongly believe that if you find the right restaurant they will let you show a trick or two to some of the guests:)

Just my opinion!

Anders
http://cardtrickmaster.com

I have a little experience in that I currently perform in 4 restaurants weekly and into my 16th consecutive year.
Managers/ owners could care less about your magical skills. One of the managers and I were talking and the
discussion was about genuinely interacting with the clientele. The ability to make them feel welcomed, to engage
in small talk and to be sensitive to their privacy. To help create a pleasurable atmosphere. The magic is the
whipped cream on the pie.

My success in getting "the gig" is to make an appointment with the decison maker. (not asking the waitsatff)
I had an informational packet about myself and was prepared both in the way I dressed and was groomed to being
prepared to pitch what I had to offer. What's in it for them? I was prepared to perform a short set as well as offering
a trial hour. Is it easy? NO. You must be professional in your approach, not just show up and ask to shove cards
in patrons faces.
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » How Do I Become A Close Up Worker Magician (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL