The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In the Clear by Nicholas Lawrence (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Scott Imler
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Canada
513 Posts

Profile of Scott Imler
Not sure what Nicks trick to get cellophane back on is but years ago I did a trick that involved removing cellophane but needed to put it back on of course. My method was to take 2 cards place them on the outside of the case one on top one on bottom but protruding at least half way past the bottom of the box. Pinch them against card case with thumb and fore finger of one hand and with the other take cellophane and slide it over these two cards which is easy if you "pinch them together making them way narrower than the cellophane then at the same time pull cards and cellophane together up and around the deck then remove the 2 cards. Its almost acting like a shoe horn.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
That’s genius Scott. Great idea!
EZrhythm
View Profile
Special user
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
722 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Yes, genius! Thank You for that, Scott.
One night I was in a hurry to get to a performance and I put my shirt on where my pants should go and I put my pants on where my shirt should go. So then during the show I had to be careful not to say, "Notice that there is nothing up my sleeves"!

How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb?

Regardless! For magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.

My next trick is OUT OF THIS WORLD... Which is FORTUNATE for THIS world. -Mitzie on the television show HEE HAW
ArtIn
View Profile
Special user
Berlin
813 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Menny Lindenfeld has a great little “gimmick“ to put the cellophane back on.
I really like in the clear for the switch.

In the clear is better suited for the switch. The bonus idea that was inspired by Sealed doesn’t look that good in the explanation.
Too much movement in my opinion. But I will use in the clear for the switch!
You can set up your card box and are ready to perform anywhere.
I really really like it!!! Well done Nicholas Lawrence!!!
kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
358 Posts

Profile of kamus
Just got this- practical, easy, organic. You do end clean after a nicely motivated switch he explains and as others have said, you are reset almost immediately. One of my better recent purchases.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
countrymaven
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
I don't want to be repurchasing a trick for a gimmick. is this something that you can use for walkaround, and can you remake the gimmick in the future?
Fero
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Fero
I was skeptic about this.... I bought it and....
It’s WONDERFUL. Buy it you won’t regret.
countrymaven
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Thanks Fero I owe you .
Fero
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Fero
My pleasure Smile
itsmagic
View Profile
Special user
middle earth
979 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
What other effects is this good for besides folded card inside the cellophane? I can't do mercury fold.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
Could someone maybe compare this to sealed and maybe some of the pros and cons compared to it? I have sealed 1.0 and it is the worst magic product I have ever bought. This looks super good just want to make sure I don't get burned again.
countrymaven
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Hey its magic look up a special way to score a card to do an easy mercury fold.
I started thinking how the heck do you put a card in the cellophane on the deck for a switch?
this might look good but is it really natural? I don't want to buy sealed and stealed 2.0 either.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
600 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
I have sealed 1 and 2 (yes, I actually fell for it twice) and they are nothing like this. Sealed is crazy clever and ultimately useless. This is simple and well worth it. Can’t say much more. Glad I bought In the Clear, not glad I bought Sealed. Twice.
countrymaven
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
The one thing keeping me from this is who in the world would put a card in the cellophane, half pulled off their card box?
it just seems like a setup. not natural. even the clear boxes make more sense than that if you think about it.
any help on this?
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1159 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
A magician would, for any number of reasons but that depends on the patter you choose, which should incorporate a motivation that connects with your character. Isolation might be a reason, to keep your hands from manipulating the object or to keep them from interfering with the magic, just off the top of my head.

Quote:
On Feb 8, 2018, countrymaven wrote:
The one thing keeping me from this is who in the world would put a card in the cellophane, half pulled off their card box?
it just seems like a setup. not natural. even the clear boxes make more sense than that if you think about it.
any help on this?
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
~Albert Einstein
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
846 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
any help on this?

"as I do not want to touch it anymore I put it in the cellophane so can see it all the time but is not able to manipulate with some sort of skillfull fingertricks.." - so you sell it as a setup but a setup for the reason of making trickery impossible.. Smile

my question: is the gimmick included?
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
Quote:
On Feb 14, 2018, backinblack wrote:
Quote:
any help on this?

"as I do not want to touch it anymore I put it in the cellophane so can see it all the time but is not able to manipulate with some sort of skillfull fingertricks.." - so you sell it as a setup but a setup for the reason of making trickery impossible.. Smile

my question: is the gimmick included?

Yes! There is no DIY so you can do it right away!
KazMagic
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of KazMagic
And yeah, the gimmick is included.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » In the Clear by Nicholas Lawrence (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL