The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Effects with pseudo psychological explanations (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2018, funsway wrote:
Linguistic jargon (I think) associated with a particular discipline or professions.

These days, you'd probably be better off using the term "micro-languages".

Perhaps. I keep forgetting that our computer literate youth do not know how to do a Google search.

In fairness, the available search engines today do not respond to a query, but attempt to stack the closest match of purchased ads.

Isn't "micro-language" the name of a rock group or a line of purse sold at Target?
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
sumedik
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of sumedik
"You don't need lingo. Understand the psychological desire of people to be entertained, and their willingness to participate in normally risky social behavior
when they have someone to blame the silliness/weirdness on. This used to be called "being in the limelight." " - This is really nice viewpoint Funsway. Thanks for the same.

From the replies, it is clear that my question needed much more context. So here we go:

Basically I would like to present the session as an entertaining demonstration of powers or oddity of the human brain, with the effects being presented as "demos" for the same, with the overall intention of ending the session with a positive/motivating message rather than being a session which showcases "supernatural powers" of my mind, by which I can read minds etc.

Example: An effect featuring "Barnum effect", a cognitive bias.

I was looking for more effects of similar nature.

I hope this helps to clarify.
morgaine_le_fey
View Profile
Veteran user
Montreal, Canada
391 Posts

Profile of morgaine_le_fey
"Basically I would like to present the session as an entertaining demonstration of powers or oddity of the human brain, with the effects being presented as "demos" for the same, with the overall intention of ending the session with a positive/motivating message rather than being a session which showcases "supernatural powers" of my mind, by which I can read minds etc.

Example: An effect featuring "Barnum effect", a cognitive bias. "

You got your intro right there!
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
Maybe you can get some inspiration form this story

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=15
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Effects with pseudo psychological explanations (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL