We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Old Cellini (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
912 Posts

Profile of Magician Shaun
Found this. Cellini circa 1985 Jackson Square New Orleans.

https://youtu.be/H0oBLokuiRQ
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1272 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Such a great video thank you for sharing.

The notes I take from this,
- We pretty much see it from the edge build so its a 11 min show,
- He has ropes sitting ready to go so he plans do this again and a again,
- Pretty much reset as he goes and nothing to complex,

Really like it, This I what I am trying to achieve.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
912 Posts

I also would like to point out that he didn't close with the cups, but the ropes. I also notice that he didn't go too aggressive with the hat pitch.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Why should the money pitch be agressive?
He is a nice man it suits his personality.
He did many shows in a day.

What I like is his manipulative skills with the coins. So much going. Love it.

Best line:" they say a performer is as good as his audience. If that is true then I was fantastic".😉
Magician Shaun
View Profile
Special user
Huntington BCH, CA
912 Posts

He just dropped the hat on the table. I have found that holding the hat and passing it around helps with those who would walk away.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2038 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Very good point Shaun,
Cellini is old School lots has changed since his day.

However he is one of the old time pioneers of street of the last century. Around long before the birth of the world wide web and so much information on Busking.

A classic busker of his time. Still today Their are performers that chuck there hat on the table or on the floor. I recommend and teach that one keeps hold of there hat. One of the reasons is to thank each person who drops a tip into it.
It is Cellini who said "The show is not over until the last coin drops into the hat..."

Here is the thing today some copy, others are inspired and those who are inspired evolve them self's and the art.

Just like teachers of any field, their are some who act or want to be like their teacher but they are stuck in there own way's. They can not think out of there own constraints, They may be highly skilled in what they do but they don't posses the heart of a teacher.When they perceive others or even their own students exceeding, they may feel threatened, fustrated and angry, they bark and criticize because they can not inspire or teach as their teacher did.

So choose your mentors wisely, they will not only shape you skills, they will shape your mind life and sometime you will to carry on.

When you study Cellini material you can see he is old school he thrived in what he taught. You can sense he enjoyed teaching, which is seeing his students succeed. He would applauded you for being unique and evolving your art and skills.

A good teacher would inspire you to carry on, be inspired, be unique be you don't be afraid to experiment, improve what you can and most importantly be you.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1272 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
"The show is not over until the last coin drops into the hat..." Cellini

Few years back when and I read this it really rolled around in my head. I now build up to my hat line in my show. Right at the end I say,

"people of Auckland I am Al Magic and that's my show thank you for stopping and enjoying the madness of what I do, Like I say I love it yet still have bills to pay, I have done my part for street entertainment now you need to do yours'

Now pepoel come forward and pay I hold the hat and thank everyone. Once the rush and bundle is over I place the hat on the table and I still stand close. I feel this allows people that don't want to bundle in and get close to a loud sweaty performer to place there money in at their comfort. I still thank them but things are more chilled. And one day the words of Cellini hit me on the street and with the hat full and the pitch cleared I picked up the hat walked forward and said in loud voice "people of Auckland I am Al Magic and that my show thank you for stopping and enjoying the madness of what I do"

And I really do feel it finshishes the show and I leave all what happened in that show and now think of the next show. which could be rigth on the back of the last.

That my bit to add hope it helps
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Old Cellini (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL