The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Combination padlock (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
I am new to mentalism, and I am looking for a specific item.
Is there an actual combination dial - type padlock available where the spectator can try the lock a few times with their own combinations, and then be able to open the lock?
I have seen the small, luggage style locks, but I am looking for the dial type, like you used for your bike, or on your school locker.
Thank you.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2018 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
The gold standard in.combination locks for Mentalism is the Grismer Lock, available from the Psychic Mentality website. It may not do precisely what you spelled out, but better. Pricey, only 25 or so are sold per year, but this is January and you may luck out.

See Jim Kleefeld's booked LOCKED for a very complete discussion of the range of effects possible with locks. Available from Stevens Magic.

George
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1452 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Magiceducator - a member of this forum has a lock that may meet your requirements.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
There is a lock called "The Lisa Lock" that's ungimicked but with the included routine can be used to predict the word that will open the lock. I might also consider a number force to use with a regular lock of the type you describe. Now you got me thinking.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Professor Spellbinder has a variation of the Sympathetic Cards, no longer limited to clubs, using hands-on spectator help and free choices, which not only arranges the cards in a sympathetic fashion, but also results in the number sequence to open a combination lock (or two) held by a spectator. It's called "Deepest Sympathy" and you'll find it in The Wizards' Journal # 28. Use a resettable combination lock so the same combination "just happens" to match the spectator's phone number or even SS number. The type of locks for this are easily available: https://www.amazon.com/KeeKit-Combinatio......75YS6SM7
TCG438
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of TCG438
George, Ray, Senor, and Jim, thank you for all the tips and ideas!
Have a great week!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Combination padlock (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL