The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which one Traveler or Quiver (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Anyone have an experience with either or both of these and could recommend one
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I have a Traveler and carry it with me every day. Also, the effects taught are worth more than the price of the Traveler itself. All of Jeff Copeland products are top notch so you will never go wrong with one. Check out reviews on his site. He also has an active Facebook group that share ideas.
https://www.copelandcoins.com/
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
I have and like both - so much so that I have two of each, but they're two very different animals.
It's kind of like asking someone to recommend an egg bag or a change bag. It all depends on what you want to do with them.

The Quiver is a great switching device - best used IMHO to do "invisible switches" -- that is, switches your spectators don't (and shouldn't) know have occurred such as switching billets and ringing gaffs in/out, or at least time delayed switches vs the immediate visual changes that (again IMHO) put tons of heat on the purse.

The Traveler is a nice basic coin purse with a holdout feature, and as Poof mentioned, a bunch of well thought out material that incorporates and complements the purse.
The jumbo coin production from the purse is a thing of beauty.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
I only have Quiver but definitely recommend it Smile having looked at the Traveller I also think Quiver looks more natural.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2231 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Thanks guys, I can't really afford both or would probably go that way so I have to make a decision soon, Anyone else like to share there thoughts, I would appreciate it.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I think the real question is: what do you want to do with it? They're completely different tools (even though they both masquerade as purses) and it's kind of like asking if someone should get a Scotch & Soda or a Coin Bender.

Do you want to have an invisible switching device that works for both coins and other items? Then get a Quiver.
Do you want a well crafted leather wallet and excellent instruction on basic coin sleights/starter effects you can do with the wallet? Then the Traveler's the best buy.

Do you just want a simple, straightforward, no-frills pouch to hold your coins rather than doing anything fancy? Then you should consider one of these: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8988

Nothing to knock either one, but it's a completely reasonable alternative as a coin purse if all you want is something to carry your props. Especially if either (or both) is a stretch of funds, or if you're not sure what you want to do with them. I'm a big fan of buying things you think you'll actually use, rather than because it looks shiny or just because you've heard it's good.
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
If we're throwing alternatives into the mix, Tony Miller's Mobius is also worth serious consideration:

http://www.rfaproductions.com/products/mobius.html
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Also a good one, but I don't see it as meaningfully different from the Traveler in this context - a similar "feature" and cost (yes, I realize they're different, but I'm talking about a very high level").

It also wasn't one the OP asked about, and while good to bring up, I was mostly talking about "the third option" of getting something cheap, rather than at the $30 price point.
Matthew Crabtree
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of Matthew Crabtree
I too have a question for those who own Quiver who also own I Hate Kids. Could someone PM me?
National First Vice President
The Society of American Magicians
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Bought a Quiver after seeing it come up again and again on the trick of the year thread. As others have mentioned it’s a very different beast from the Traveller but I will be getting a lot of use out of both. Both are exceptionally well made and brilliantly thought out.
j.morl
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of j.morl
It sounds like traveler would be great for a beginner??
Teddy Meagher
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Teddy Meagher
I’ve heard a lot of people like quiver, I’ve played with it and think it’s pretty cool. Personally I’d rather not have to use a coin purse as for me it isn’t something I’d have.
wjkrysak
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
152 Posts

Profile of wjkrysak
I own both quiver and traveler. They both have unique features that encourage creative thinking. Quality of product is great in both. Quiver looks like something you could buy commercially as a coin container, is disarming and very versitale. Traveler gives the appearance (favorably) of a origami handmade coin pocket that generates interest and lends itself to a story of a (ie. craftsman in Mexico). Both have secret aspects that will generate creative working. I am appreciative of the creative effort put into these products. Your imagination and performance style will take it from there. Enjoy your magic.
Create memories to enjoy the magic of life.
Tread lightly. Give. cheaha bill
Stephon Johnson
View Profile
Special user
Razorback Country
544 Posts

Profile of Stephon Johnson
For me, having both, I vote Kelvin Chow QUIVER!
Why?
Quiver LOOKS like many normal coin pouches!
traveler looks nothing I’ve seen. But is disarming.
The gaff of Traveler is good. But for more options and ease of use, Quiver wins head and over shoulder!
I liked traveler! BUT, I have sold the Traveler.
Quiver?...I would never sell, and I might even FIGHT over mine! LOL
End of discussion!
Steph
WHAT IF you wake up tomorrow with ONLY the things that you THANK GOD for today?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2018, Stephon Johnson wrote:
For me, having both, I vote Kelvin Chow QUIVER!
Why?
Quiver LOOKS like many normal coin pouches!
traveler looks nothing I’ve seen. But is disarming.
The gaff of Traveler is good. But for more options and ease of use, Quiver wins head and over shoulder!
I liked traveler! BUT, I have sold the Traveler.
Quiver?...I would never sell, and I might even FIGHT over mine! LOL
End of discussion!
Steph

Agreed, I got Traveller but ended up selling it virtually immediately where as I've just purchased a second Quiver as it's that good Smile
Why.So.Serious?
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Why.So.Serious?
Quiver all the way!!
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quiver is amazing and very versitile. Traveler is also valuable in a different way. I have 4 Quivers and can switch sets of sets . . . Like deck switching but easier.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
I also have both and would be willing to sell my quiver, only used enough to know I didn't really like it
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On May 30, 2018, Magic_son wrote:
I also have both and would be willing to sell my quiver, only used enough to know I didn't really like it

Curious what you didn't like about it? I think it is one of the coolest items available. I even have a photo of my wedding ring I keep in it and after some ring work I put my ring back on my finger, show quiver, the photo, put the photo in and do the visual change with the purse open back to my real ring, which is off my finger when they look. gets a killer reaction.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Degio
View Profile
Regular user
It took me years to get to
152 Posts

Profile of Degio
I have both and I also vote for Quiver.
Traveler is cool with its "origami" style, but with Quiver you can really do a lot of useful changes (I'm currently using it in my CSB routine).
I also have a C-Purse which is similar to Quiver but slightly larger (see http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=665552 )

By the way: when I bought Quiver I never received any link to the instructions video.
Obviously it's not crucial, but still I am wondering: is there a way I can get it?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Which one Traveler or Quiver (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL