We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Trick coin trickery Ľ Ľ Which one Traveler or Quiver (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Signet
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Signet
Degio,
You aren't missing anything as one of the weaknesses of the Quiver are it's terrible instructions. I had trouble getting mine to work consistently when I first got it. I pmed a member on here and he solved the problem with two sentences.
Magic_son
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of Magic_son
My issue is consistency. Either I don't have the knack, or I'm not doing something right.
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
531 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2018, Magic_son wrote:
My issue is consistency. Either I don't have the knack, or I'm not doing something right.

Agree that the instructions leave something to be desired! BUT with about 5 minutes of focused practice you can get the VISUAL switch down and it is AWESOME! The open a or b should be easy and take no practice. The trick to the instant visual is NOT opening the purse all the way. Try half way and then slowly release pressure and you'll flip a to b. If not try 3/4 of the was and slowly start closing. Find your own purse sweet spot. Hoper this helps. I find this so valuable I have multiples. Bought 5. When done with one trick I can put it in my pocket. Later bring out purse again but it is #2. #2 starts with what #1 ended up with - say a silver dollar - but it may be gaffed now. If needed I find another coin to add to #2 and go on with that trick. At the end purse goes back to the pocket. So you're doing a deck switch but purses and legitimately you keep switching in the pocket. I have them overlapping in an up, down mouth position along the bottom of my right jacket pocket. I use 4 at the most. That is 4 clean gafffs deployed! Nobody ever has questioned the purse as they hold it in the first use. They just assume it is the same one! Love it!~
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
1800 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
Agree that the instructions leave something to be desired! BUT with about 5 minutes of focused practice you can get the VISUAL switch down and it is AWESOME!

You don't think the visual switch brings too much heat on the purse?
Great idea with the "deck" switches.
Now if they only had a non-gaffed one -- complete with the little tab -- to ring in at the end....
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
531 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:
Agree that the instructions leave something to be desired! BUT with about 5 minutes of focused practice you can get the VISUAL switch down and it is AWESOME!

You don't think the visual switch brings too much heat on the purse?
Great idea with the "deck" switches.
Now if they only had a non-gaffed one -- complete with the little tab -- to ring in at the end....

I thought the same about the heat but a move of the hand and bang! It's fooling to me when I'm doing it. Use a gold plated half as a change from a clad one to a silver to Gold and the gold is in the purse. Beautiful and surprising. No heat on the purse. Agree with the non-gaffed one as a Magi but the people don't deed it because they have held and opened it themselves anyway. They don'
t think the way we do. Thanks on the deck switch comment. I love that and use it all the time. I even have some going in my right pocket and then later coming out of my left. Discrepancy never noticed.

JT
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quick question - Iíve got a nice coin set together now and Iím planning out a set of routines for any occasion, long/short etc. and I have 8 had dollar size coins in the set:

-Triception
-Mag Half
-English Penny & Shell set
-Copper/Silver Plus half dollar shell
- 4 half dollars

I was wondering if I could carry these about in the Quiver - probly the gaffs (3) in the secret bit and the 5 normal coins in the normal bit. I wouldnít use all of them in a routine - just for carting about and then Decant coins in and out to pockets depending on the routine.

Would I squeeze 8 in?
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, Bridgehouse wrote:
Quick question - Iíve got a nice coin set together now and Iím planning out a set of routines for any occasion, long/short etc. and I have 8 had dollar size coins in the set:

-Triception
-Mag Half
- 4 half dollars

I was wondering if I could carry these about in the Quiver - probly the gaffs (3) in the secret bit and the 5 normal coins in the normal bit. I wouldnít use all of them in a routine - just for carting about and then Decant coins in and out to pockets depending on the routine.

Would I squeeze 8 in?

In my opinion, you would be better off using a JOL coin carrier... http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11598 for the number of coins you wish to carry. I donít think that using a quiver just to carry all those coins would utilize the true potential and effectiveness of it.
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, Wravyn wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2018, Bridgehouse wrote:

-Triception
-Mag Half
- 4 half dollars

Would I squeeze 8 in?

In my opinion, you would be better off using a JOL coin carrier... http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S11598 for the number of coins you wish to carry. I donít think that using a quiver just to carry all those coins would utilize the true potential and effectiveness of it.

I'll only use it for 8 for transport - I'll load up or out depending on what I want to do and use pockets to distribute. More importantly, I'd like to incorporate the switch into the routine as well so a normal purse won't give me that functionality. I'd like it to earn it's keep in the routine as well as being there for transport.. It also looks like the c-purse might be a bit bigger so might be a better bet..
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
531 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I agree with the JOL for the sets and quiver for one trick with the need for the secret part.
How
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
102 Posts

Profile of How
I think quiver is awesome but when mine came it was hard to get it to work.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. - Dunninger
How
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
102 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:

I had the same issue. Sometimes it opened sometimes It did not. I donít get why!!??
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. - Dunninger
How
View Profile
Regular user
Florida
102 Posts

Profile of How
Quote:
On May 31, 2018, Signet wrote:
Degio,
You aren't missing anything as one of the weaknesses of the Quiver are it's terrible instructions. I had trouble getting mine to work consistently when I first got it. I pmed a member on here and he solved the problem with two sentences.

What was that problem? I sold mine because I couldnít get it to work.
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
I got a Quiver, and a c-purse as I wanted to try both.

Quiver took about 30 mins to get a solid dependable always opens the right way method sorted. Same for c-purse.

The Quiver is excellent - it will go to 6 halves if you need it to. C-purse is also excellent - different, but excellent. Itís bigger than Quiver and the llama leather is quite exceptional. It will hold 8 halves comfortably, and maybe a few more.

C-purse canít be handed out the same, but my view is due to the leather thickness it will tolerate more spectators fingers inside having a feel around to show it empty.

Iím using c-purse to carry around my main coin set and Quiver for a CSB set and they both do their thing admirably. OH is a crafty sewing type and she said they were both well made and loved the look/feel.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2683 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2018, Bridgehouse wrote:

Iím using c-purse to carry around my main coin set and Quiver for a CSB set and they both do their thing admirably. OH is a crafty sewing type and she said they were both well made and loved the look/feel.

Out of interest what size CSB set are you carrying ie dollar or half dollar size ?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2683 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:

Out of interest what size CSB set are you carrying ie dollar or half dollar size ?
Bridgehouse
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Bridgehouse
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2018, warren wrote:
Quote:

Half - and thereís plenty of room for the 4 coins in the set.

I would say the Quiver does a half set perfectly, and the c-purse would do a dollar set very comfortably.
mr_misdirection
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mr_misdirection
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2018, StarManager wrote:
Quote:

Agree that the instructions leave something to be desired! BUT with about 5 minutes of focused practice you can get the VISUAL switch down and it is AWESOME! The open a or b should be easy and take no practice. The trick to the instant visual is NOT opening the purse all the way. Try half way and then slowly release pressure and you'll flip a to b. If not try 3/4 of the was and slowly start closing. Find your own purse sweet spot. Hoper this helps. I find this so valuable I have multiples. Bought 5. When done with one trick I can put it in my pocket. Later bring out purse again but it is #2. #2 starts with what #1 ended up with - say a silver dollar - but it may be gaffed now. If needed I find another coin to add to #2 and go on with that trick. At the end purse goes back to the pocket. So you're doing a deck switch but purses and legitimately you keep switching in the pocket. I have them overlapping in an up, down mouth position along the bottom of my right jacket pocket. I use 4 at the most. That is 4 clean gafffs deployed! Nobody ever has questioned the purse as they hold it in the first use. They just assume it is the same one! Love it!~

I have only just purchased Quiver as I had no need for it until I decided I want to use it as a lead in to a bigger trick.
What a brilliant item. Well made and can be used for the basic switch straight out of the box.
It took me about 10 attempts to get the visual switch, you are correct, it is about finding that sweet spot.

I don't think I will be using it for the visual switch but it does look good, even when you're the one doing it.
I can't understand why anyone would worry about a spectator holding it if vanishing notes as on my Quiver this is not at all noticible.

Thank you for your input as this is what prompted me to purchase it.
StarManager
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
531 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Thrilled I could be helpful and that you indeed liked it after getting it! That's what this whole place is about!
st3v13
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of st3v13
I definitely have a hard time fitting more than 4 coins without being noticeable. I believe the tutorial recommends thin objects.
mr_misdirection
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of mr_misdirection
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2018, StarManager wrote:
Thrilled I could be helpful and that you indeed liked it after getting it! That's what this whole place is about!

So much so I'm ordering another one this week. I've been playing around with it this weekend and have gone from never seeing me use it to now a ton of reasons I want to.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Trick coin trickery Ľ Ľ Which one Traveler or Quiver (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL