The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Buster Keaton disappears (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tudormagic
View Profile
New user
SC
26 Posts

Profile of Tudormagic
"And Houdini said, 'That was sure a buster.'"
Here are some amazing stunts from Buster Keaton. Best of all, there's an eye popping stunt at 4:52 where he dives into another person's body and disappears!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frYIj2FG......ref_fark
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Thanks for posting that, It was very good hearing Buster's insights as well.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Tim Snyder
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
112 Posts

Profile of Tim Snyder
I used to love watching Buster Keaton movies on Saturday mornings in the late 70's and early 80's. He was a genius. I never knew he had a Houdini connection. I doubt the world will ever again see entertainers of as high a quality as those who were raised in Vaudeville.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Thanks for posting the film.
For those of you that get TCM, Charlie Caplin’s Limelight is free on demand. There is a scene with Chaplin and Keaton together, which is the only time they both appeared on the same stage. According to the films host, Keaton was the only equal the Chaplin ever had.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The jumping through a body was done live at the Magic Castle by Criss Angel, jumping through Joaquin Ayala. It was filmed for Angel's Halloween special. I was there working, shooting still photos for his web site.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Tudormagic
View Profile
New user
SC
26 Posts

Profile of Tudormagic
Pete: Awesome!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
In "Steamboat Bill Jr." there are several stunts with an illusion base that is left standing on stage after the opera house blew away.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Buster Keaton disappears (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL