The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Learn busking (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BlindWizard
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of BlindWizard
What are some of the best resources as far as books or DVDs go to learn busting? And where would you find them ?
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Best DVD, hands down is from Kozmo: Tales from the street.

If you get this DVD set (2 dvd) you do not need any other books, dvd's or anything else.
imgic
View Profile
Special user
Moved to Seattle to see
853 Posts

Profile of imgic
Spend a few minutes browsing past discussions...you’ll find all sorts of good suggestions.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1272 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
A 2nd vote for Kozmo, Tales from the street. Something that really helped me was the blog and book from Jimmy Talks a Lot http://jimmytalksalot.blogspot.co.nz/.

I am also at the stage were I am giving my show a make over I am thinking of looking at Jim Cellini street work.

Hope this helps
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
Zauberman
View Profile
Regular user
134 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Learning how to busk and learning tricks to use for Street Performng are 2 different entities.....however if you are interested in the later, I wholly recomend the book, Roy Benson by Starlight.

Most of the material in the book can be performed/adapted for the street.....Benson Bowls, Chinese Sticks, Saly Pour, Linking Rings, etc.

These are the tricks....you'll have to develop the patter,show. But that is actually an advantage. The trouble with buying busking DVD's is you'll end up copying the performance, mannerisms, script.

Don't get me wrong. The DVD's are great. But the book will push you further.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2037 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
We have lots of resources as well as free tips, advice and videos we also have our online school as well as live classes.
www.schoolofbusking.com
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, Zauberman wrote:
Learning how to busk and learning tricks to use for Street Performng are 2 different entities.....however if you are interested in the later, I wholly recomend the book, Roy Benson by Starlight.

Most of the material in the book can be performed/adapted for the street.....Benson Bowls, Chinese Sticks, Saly Pour, Linking Rings, etc.

These are the tricks....you'll have to develop the patter,show. But that is actually an advantage. The trouble with buying busking DVD's is you'll end up copying the performance, mannerisms, script.

Don't get me wrong. The DVD's are great. But the book will push you further.




Problem is to find this book. It will not teach you busking. If you know busking then you can adapt tricks from this book.

I would start with mario morris busking school.
Nickoli Sharpe
View Profile
Regular user
Worldwide
102 Posts

Profile of Nickoli Sharpe
I would recommend going to the busking school.
It will help you learn what works and how to get a crowd.
Never been but have heard great things.
Plus how can you go wrong with teachers like Mario and McBride.
Either that or just travel to pitches around the world and watch street acts.
I agree getting a video might lead you to copy what there doing.
Go to the school, wish it were around back in the day.
Nickoli
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Special user
Miami, FL
889 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
I have a few DVD's on busking listed in the for sale section of the Café you may be interested in.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2037 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks Nikoli
The School of Busking was founded in 2006 in the UK. For the past 8years I have helped develop the Focus on Street Magic.
Now for the first time we opened the Online School of Busking.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop/l/o......rse-copy
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
342 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, Mario Morris wrote:
Thanks Nikoli
The School of Busking was founded in 2006 in the UK. For the past 8years I have helped develop the Focus on Street Magic.
Now for the first time we opened the Online School of Busking.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop/l/o......rse-copy


Love the online modules! I have 1 and 2.... waiting for PayPal to clear so I can connect with 3 and 4.... hopefully by Thursday.

Gary K
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
342 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2018, cbguy wrote:
Best DVD, hands down is from Kozmo: Tales from the street.

If you get this DVD set (2 dvd) you do not need any other books, dvd’s or anything else.


Forgot to mention I also love the Tales from the Street DVDs as well as the 3 Cellini DVDs. Great references.

Also both of Cellinis books, Jimmy Talksalot book...

Gary K
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Other dvds are crowd puller peter wardell
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston MO
1387 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
What all books has Cellini wrote. I only know of one
cbguy
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Kyoki, have you been back on the streets since vegas, with Mike?
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2037 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2018, mike bonfield wrote:
Other dvds are crowd puller peter wardell


CELLINI'S DREAMER'S HIGHWAY
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2037 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2018, Chatterbox41 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, Mario Morris wrote:
Thanks Nikoli
The School of Busking was founded in 2006 in the UK. For the past 8years I have helped develop the Focus on Street Magic.
Now for the first time we opened the Online School of Busking.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop/l/o......rse-copy


Love the online modules! I have 1 and 2.... waiting for PayPal to clear so I can connect with 3 and 4.... hopefully by Thursday.

Gary K


Thank you Gary
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
Houston MO
1387 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Hi cbguy. I haven't made it out since I went with Mike. I want to go to a firat Friday in springfield mo and work the block but right now I'm waiting tables and the weekends are my money makers. I am doing effects for my tables though and it nets me really good tips. I'll be in KC the 21st and thought about trying it then if I can find a spot
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
342 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
What all books has Cellini wrote. I only know of one


The Royal Touch and Dreamer’s Highway. Dreamer’s Highway has more autobiographical detail than Royal Touch, but Royal Touch has more tricks. Both I really love!

Gary K
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
342 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2018, Mario Morris wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2018, Chatterbox41 wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2018, Mario Morris wrote:
Thanks Nikoli
The School of Busking was founded in 2006 in the UK. For the past 8years I have helped develop the Focus on Street Magic.
Now for the first time we opened the Online School of Busking.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop/l/o......rse-copy


Love the online modules! I have 1 and 2.... waiting for PayPal to clear so I can connect with 3 and 4.... hopefully by Thursday.

Gary K


Thank you Gary


You’re welcome Mario! Hope to be part of the live school one day!

Gary K
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Learn busking (4 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL