The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Fantastric by Bob Hummer (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
Presidente Prudente/SP - Brasil
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Https://www.lybrary.com/fantastric-p-922333.html

I bought this great trick, listed as #1 on the hot-list of site lybrary.com and I believe it fits perfectly into the self-working category.

Anyone get this? Whats your thoughts? Have you tried some alternative handlings?

I'm also curious to know the name of the principle that he uses or if there are others similar to this.

Thanks!
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Sounds interesting. I'm assuming it's using a key card but even so sounds impressive.
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
He does not use a key card.
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Interesting. How easy would you say this trick is to learn for a beginner. Also please can you tell how long does it take to do with the spectator approximately. I need to get some shorter tricks (under 5 of minutes long)

Sounds like this might be right up my alley, thanks for sharing Smile
Claudio
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1945 Posts

Profile of Claudio
I have the original, but I don't have the Lybrary ebook with alternative handlings. Are they much different from Hummer's original description?

I must admit that I had overlooked it and when I tried to reverse engineer the method, after reading your post, I was way off!! Very clever.

No doubt the principle's been used elsewhere, but I can't think of any right now. I'll check through my SACT series once I get back home.
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Very easy. No sleight of hands. The only prerequisite is knowing how to count! Smile No calculations.

I think you can do it in less than 5 minutes.

I found this video on the internet, to help you decide: http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19rwdox2i9.html
rboyd
View Profile
New user
Devon
81 Posts

Profile of rboyd
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, qualysoft wrote:
Very easy. No sleight of hands. The only prerequisite is knowing how to count! Smile No calculations.

I think you can do it in less than 5 minutes.

I found this video on the internet, to help you decide: http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19rwdox2i9.html

Fantastic, I will check this out. Cheers
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Just for information, I was seeing some old tricks, so I realized that Fantastric is very much like the effect called "The Eye of Stonehenge" from "Lennart Green" with only a different handle.
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Discussion or speculation about methods doesn’t belong in this sub-forum, IMO.
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Ben, was your post directed to me? Sorry, but I did not know you were breaking the rules. If the moderator finds it convenient, he can move or delete the topic.
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
If you had to pick which is the better trick of the two, Fantastric or Stonehedge
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Difficult to compare. Fantastric is more direct, Stonehedge is more worked and theatrical. For my style, if I had to choose just one, it would be Fantastric.
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
Thank you
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
I think I got to buy this ! You guy are leading me to blow my monthly magic purchase budget ! But that's okay !
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Bought this a few days ago. Really like it. My current difficulty is I need to practice my presentation so it is polished -- particularly explaining precisely to the spec what they are to do. At first I was confusing the Mrs. as to what she was supposed to do when I called the piles "packets." I have practiced it with the Mrs. several times tightening up the description of the procedure and it is coming together.

For patter I use a theme of locating "Sherlock Holmes" card (rather than the "funny looking card" ) so he can indicate the location of the chosen card... I mention this after all the initial handling right before looking through the deck.

Thanks for bringing this effect to my attention... (found it via a search for Bob Hummer).
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2018, qualysoft wrote:
Ben, was your post directed to me? Sorry, but I did not know you were breaking the rules. If the moderator finds it convenient, he can move or delete the topic.

I didn’t mean to direct it at any particular person. I just think that there are other dedicated sub-forums here that are meant for discussion of methods, and this isn’t one of them.
qualysoft
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of qualysoft
Okay Ben, I understand your point.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2018, qualysoft wrote:
He does not use a key card.

Well...
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Reading the description: Good luck explaining the spec what he has to do ! Smile
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2018, papawemba wrote:
Reading the description: Good luck explaining the spec what he has to do ! Smile

I agree! That was my experience the first time I did the effect for my wife. Since then I've come up with some patter about locating Sherlock Holmes in disguise as the card that will find the selected card (a notorious jewel thief that has just stolen the royal jewels). The story I tell serves two purposes. First (and most important) it helps me remember the procedure. Second, the story itself provides the rationale for the dealing and the counting and helps identify the groups of cards for the spec. And the story adds interest to the effect.

When I have a little more time I can type it up and share it if anyone is interested!

Regards,
Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Fantastric by Bob Hummer (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL