The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Armando Lucero New DVD Set (29 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Theo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Theo
It looks their site has been hacked as all sorts of alerts come up when I try to access it.
Jacob Grier
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon
7 Posts

Profile of Jacob Grier
I'm in the same position. Purchased the set on May 31, got confirmation, and have heard nothing since. I've tried reaching out on their website contact form and here at the Café, to no response. The dropdown menu on the SansMind page shows the release date now as July 1, so I'm hoping that they'll ship soon. The lack of communication is extremely disappointing though.

Quote:
On Jul 6, 2018, Reggie wrote:
Does anyone know how to get in touch with SansMinds? I ordered the box set and have not heard a word from them. I have emailed them multiple times but have no received a reply. The release dat has passed by a month and still nothing. I paid over 400 dollars for this set and Sandsminds seems to not care one bit about it's customers . Some one please help
Theo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Theo
It is strange why they don't respond and provide an update via this forum when there are obviously problems.
Theo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Theo
The site looks like it is back up and running. My downloads came through and I have to admit that the production quality and content are outstanding. Well done.
Reggie
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Reggie
I just got an email from Brandon at SansMinds saying that my download was available. The problem is that I did not order the download I ordered the Box set! And to top things off there was no download added to my account. Does anyone have a phone number to SansMinids? Emails don't seem to help much.
Ian Richards
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of Ian Richards
I believe that part of the box set package was download versions of the DVDs.
Jacob Grier
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon
7 Posts

Profile of Jacob Grier
So has anyone actually received the box sets they paid for? At what point do we start looking for refunds?
Reggie
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Reggie
I don't think I'll ever buy another Armando Lucero product. Sansminds just took my $438.73 and ran with it. Does anyone know who I can contact for a refund?
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, Christopher James Rose wrote:
Quote:
On May 11, 2018, robvh wrote:
I would happily pick up a simple set of all four DVDs. Unfortunately, the only way to get the 4 DVDs appears to be via the "special editions" whose costs are greatly inflated by add-ons that don't have any value to me (a bulky box and decks of cards).

I love Armando and have been a huge fan ever since I first met him many nearly 20 years ago at Caesar's Magical Empire. I even got to spend time with him that evening at a local hangout to which he graciously invited me. He's a great guy and a brilliant thinker. I was excited to learn that he was producing a DVD set but am disappointed by the direction SansMinds took with these bundles.

Tamariz' recent 4-disc set is more along the lines of what I was hoping for.

Hi there,

It sounds like the Box set and Ultimate edition are not for you.

However, you are absolutely able to pick up the full 3 DVD project in both a digital and physical edition.

Volume 4, which is a bonus volume, was specifically reserved as a thank you for people that want to go a little deeper and spend more time with Armando. And even have a chance to put the items on display in a more ornate fashion than a simple DVD case.

I see many of the online magic shops are selling "Paper Cuts Secret Volume by Armando Lucero" for 65 USD.

Initially, this was reserved for box and ultimate editions. Even their page says "4th DVD is not Retail - Extra Tricks and Bonus Materials Exclusive to Box Set."

I sent an email and no one responded as of yet. If the full contents of the Box Set and all DVDs were to be sold individually, I could have saved my self over 100 USD and shipping which is over 60 USD for me.

Unless there is another surprise for Box Set and Ultimate Edition purchases, I feel the the Box Set is overpriced at 400 USD. All four volumes and 2 decks of cards will cost 280 usd. So technically, the box, the scripts, and the thank you letter are worth over 120 USD!!

I have supported Armando and Sansminds in this project but here I am left with no update, no product, and more importantly, I am left with the knowledge that everyone can get the same content that I have much cheaper, and much faster without paying shipping charges!

So what was the point of the box set again if nothing in it is limited?

I hope to hear some clarification from Sansminds on this issue.

I am happy with having the difference (including shipping charges) refunded and be given digital versions of the 4 dvds along with the scripts (no decks, box, physical dvds, or letter). Otherwise, change the 2 decks to a brick and that should make things even I suppose, to a degree!
Jacob Grier
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon
7 Posts

Profile of Jacob Grier
After many attempts to contact SansMinds, I contacted my credit card company last week to report that they failed to deliver any product. The credit card company has given me a temporary refund for the full amount, which will become permanent if SansMinds doesn't dispute it. If you're worried about getting your money back, I'd suggest doing the same. Waiting for anyone at SansMinds to reply seems like a lost cause.

Seeing that the full set is now available much more affordably from Vanishing Inc, including the supposedly exclusive fourth volume, is the icing on the cake. Once the transaction is settled I'll happily buy from Vanishing, but seeing the exclusive volume available there is one more mark against Sansminds' reputation. Based on this experience I won't ever be dealing with them again.
Reggie
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Reggie
How did you get your credit card company to give you a refund? My credit card company said that I have to go to the police first and then file a complaint with them. It's a shame that I have to go to the Police to get a Magic company to send a product that they promised would be sent out in June.
Jacob Grier
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon
7 Posts

Profile of Jacob Grier
Wow, really? That seems excessive. For my company (Chase) I just called to dispute the charge for non-delivery of services and they were on it right away. It probably depends on the company.
Reggie
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Reggie
Excessive?Excessive is taking your coustomers money and not delivering the goods that were purchased.
Jacob Grier
View Profile
New user
Portland, Oregon
7 Posts

Profile of Jacob Grier
I meant it was an excessive requirement from your credit card company!
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
This is probably why people shouldn't pay a lot of money in advance to a company that has a less than stellar history of customer service... And why so much for just DVD's, season passes, add ons, shipping. Sounds terrible.
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I have a friend who had similar problem. He purchased the box set, but nothing delivered yet. No emails either, no replies. Nothing, even today. SansMinds is really sh*t as a company...
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
Looks like Michael Murray’s concerns were justified.

I love Armando and his work but there’s no way i’ll be handing over any money to Sansminds.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
486 Posts

Profile of Rocky
I wonder what Christopher James Rose has to say about this?
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Bump
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Has anybody received their purchase yet? just curious here.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Armando Lucero New DVD Set (29 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL