The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite impromptu card act closer? (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
I love the Spread Control.

Of course something came first! And then people expand it and make it better. Card Sharp is an example. The end product is pure Harry. Learn this, OP.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Looking forward to AND FINALLY! Any forecast to when we may see it available?
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
AND a reprint of Jawdroppers 1.

Reprint it, Harry. I had not returned to magic before it was sold out.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Sorry; no thought of re-printing JAW DROPPERS ONE. For those who haven't ordered JAW DROPPERS TWO - that is also heading toward "sold out." As is ONLY MY APOCALYPSE and SPECIAL EFFECTS.

Difficult to say, Wravyn, not for some months, that's for sure. Those on my email mailing list are always advised - I send a copy of the ad for the book - in advance so that they are the first to know about it and can order and reserve a copy at that time.

Anyone here that's not on that mailing list and would like to be on it - just send your email address to me at harrylorayne@earthlink.net.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
kShepher
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
470 Posts

Profile of kShepher
You know...Censorship is unbecoming of a civilized people. Some people know what I mean.
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Yes; most posts here deleted, and that's fine. Of course, this remark by MasterGrip re: one of my posts("Spoken like a true used car salesman") wasn't deleted. But I won't respond because if I do say what I really feel/know about Mr. Mastergrip that'd only be deleted.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
andrea.corelli
View Profile
Regular user
Milano area, Italy
107 Posts

Profile of andrea.corelli
Quote:
On Feb 10, 2018, kShepher wrote:
Thank God I don't have to make a living in this arena. Too backbiting.

So sad... And so true Smile
In the avatar... I am the one falling Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Getting back to the original thread if I'm performing at a paid function it's very rare that I would do more than one card effect so the only card routine I do is in fact my closer, likewise when performing for family and friends if you leave them wanting more they'll be happy to watch you perform if however you bombard them with lots of card magic every time they see you they'll become bored. Therefore once again I'll usually just show them one thing so once again what ever I perform is my closer.
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
I agree with Warren

I have set up a number of card routines – that is a few card tricks that I do on occasion and those routines consist of several effects.

On March 1, 2006, I posted one such routine on the Perverse Magic thread of the Genii Forum. It consists of two effects, “Now You See It” and “Out of This World”.

“Now You See It” is in “The Royal Road To Card Magic” and the effect is a card is selected and shuffled back into the deck and you say you need four chances to find the card. You look through the deck and pull out four cards none of which is the selected card. The cards are placed face down on the table and the spectator is told to touch one and that one is turned over and it is the selected card.

In going through the deck to find the four cards I do the OOTW setup.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
There's only one closer I use: the "21-Card Trick"

Of course, I can't leave well enough alone so I've increased the number of cards from 21 to 42, added 5 additional dealing sequences to handle the extra cards, and to make the mystery impenetrable, I've included several phases where the spectator needs to figure out a number by making increasingly difficult computations in their head.

Even took a quick pic of the audience from my last performance.

They may seem out of it, but they're were just exhausted after my 4th standing ovation.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Steven, are you selling the pdf or a dvd explaining it?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Sorry, Wravyn! It was released as a limited edition. Only 25,000 copies. As you might imagine, they were snatched up straightaway. You're unlikely to find one second hand either, as the lucky few just don't want to give up their copy. Better luck next time! Smile
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
I have an unpublished version for a TOD too, it's a great closer. You use a regular deck that can be shuffled before and in between the selections, after you throw it to the first spectator you don't touch it again until it comes back to you. Then you name the cards and everyone sits. It's great, but it can not be done in informal situations, you need at least 52 spectators, and some say it runs a little long, but I think it is a great closer that ends with the same reaction that Steven's 21-card trick.
fybd88
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of fybd88
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, Harry Lorayne wrote:
Incidentally, fybd88, ever hear of Harry Lorayne books?!!!

Thank you Mr. Lorayne. It's been long since I known your contribution and reputation to magic and magic education. But unfortunately like you said, some of your books were sold out. I once looked for 4 Aces tricks and found your halo aces. That's very inspiring but I just stopped there. I'll look into your work in the future. Thanks again! Very glad to see your posts.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2018, marc_carrion wrote:
I have an unpublished version for a TOD too, it's a great closer. You use a regular deck that can be shuffled before and in between the selections, after you throw it to the first spectator you don't touch it again until it comes back to you. Then you name the cards and everyone sits. It's great, but it can not be done in informal situations, you need at least 52 spectators, and some say it runs a little long, but I think it is a great closer that ends with the same reaction that Steven's 21-card trick.

Berglas actually does this. I'm dead serious. It's HILARIOUSLY bad. I think it's in Genii somewhere.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Geeeezzz, Berglas always beating me to it... I told him not to publish my ACAAN and did he listen??? now he published my TOD??? we need to have a talk Smile

Rupert, do you know in which Genii? I want to see if he credited me properly Smile
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Ha! I've expunged the details from my memory to make way for more useful information. But I seem to recall the encompassing article being the issue's cover story.
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
May 2007, found it Smile and it's not my version....phewwwww
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Favorite impromptu card act closer? (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL