The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Heel clip steal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
I'M trying to learn to steal a coin from heel clip in the right hand. It will be stolen by the left hand. I have two ways of doing this. One is to use my index finger to tap the back of hand, while stealing the coin with the pinky. The other is to rub the back of the hand, while stealing the coin with the thumb underneath. Which of these do you think works better? Does anyone have any other ideas for doing this? I looked in Bobo's and couldn't find anything on heel clip.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Check out Larry Barnowsky's "Flying Changeover Palm" from his book '21st Century Coin Mechanics"

tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
You know, as much as I like Larry's work, I always felt that to be a very unflattering video. There are a bunch of jerky motions that look odd to my eye, and I'm a big fan of having symmetrical hands: if the last image someone sees is the one at 0:09 - where do you think they're going to want to look? One of these things is not like the other...
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Look in Bobo for "Gone" by Bill Simon. This has been my favourite vanish for many years.

Barry
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights has methods by Schneider and Vernon, and a handling change by myself to make the move easier. Downloads available for a ridiculously low price at Vanishingincmagic.com. You might also want to check out Al Schneider on Coins for Al's own description. Available from his site.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2018, Signet wrote:
I'M trying to learn to steal a coin from heel clip in the right hand. ... I looked in Bobo's and couldn't find anything on heel clip.

Look at David Roth's sleight from his coins across. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Always loved the little move and have used it a few times in my stuff...very deceptive! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Signet
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of Signet
As always, the help I get here leads me to the right place. Thank you very much for your replies. I don't know how I missed Gone in Bobo's. I have David Roth's DVD set as well and will be reviewing it. Encyclopaedia of coins sleights is on my wishlist. Thanks again.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I remember I used the move in my Impossible Two Piece, in the effect, "The Great Escape."

It's a nice usage and is a fun trick to do anywhere and for everyone. Smile

www.vinnymarini.com/download/twopiece.html
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On Feb 9, 2018, tonsofquestions wrote:
You know, as much as I like Larry's work, I always felt that to be a very unflattering video. There are a bunch of jerky motions that look odd to my eye, and I'm a big fan of having symmetrical hands: if the last image someone sees is the one at 0:09 - where do you think they're going to want to look? One of these things is not like the other...

Yea I agree, it has a little jump at the crucial moment. I like the idea behind this move, and it can definitely be done slower and smoother than is shown here.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
John Ramsay's handling is in the Ramsay books - and Andy Galloway's videos for the Cylinder and Coins in Hat. Geoff Latta does a version in his Three Coin routine. John Carney has some work on the sleight in his video on the Ramsay tricks.

There's also Dan Slyvester's Inertial Transfer - also known as the pitch.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Heel clip steal (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL