The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Using Square in Addition to Accepting Cash (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Is anyone accepting payment by "Square" or other electronic payment method? How is it working for you? I find that more people, especially younger people, are carrying less cash or impulse purchases. Your thoughts, suggestions?
Frosty
View Profile
Regular user
Texas
153 Posts

Profile of Frosty
Hey Leo, I've been using it for a few years now and am very happy with it.. I believe there has been newer versions than what I have but mine works great and have made many more sales that I could of missed if I didn't have it..
Just yesterday I made a few sales using it at a FleaMarket and now a days if you work some fairs it's almost as if they expect you to take plastic.. they don't even ask you if you accept cards, they just pull out their cards and expect it.

Also the square reader costs nothing and you only get charged a very small fee only when you use it and if you don't use it there are no fees.. and the money goes into your account usually the next day or two.. Not only that but it's about the size of a U.S. quarter and all you need is your phone using their app.. Anyways if you haven't got it yet, I say go for it! You have nothing to loose and mant more sales to make..

Hope this helps!
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of LeoH
Thanks, Frosty! I'm going to give it a go!
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
7701 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Well, there goes that old line: "I've seen 'em almost tear their underwear, getting out their wallets!"

:
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
WillRoya
View Profile
Loyal user
Henderson, NV
223 Posts

Profile of WillRoya
"I take cash, credit, debit, allowance money and borrowed money"

If they do pay pay cash I include sales tax in the price, otherwise it is added on. Usually this will motivate them to pay cash if they have it. Square worked good for me, I had to use a bulky pricey machine before that came out. But unless you are doing small time shows with nickel dime products you really need to take cards. Don't worry about it slowing you down either, people will wait to pay if you did a good pitch and it will help with the next turn. My favorite thing to say after a pitch with a crowd waiting to pay is "whose next?" Next favorite thing to say is when people see the crowd and ask what it is all about "please a wait moment for the next demo". They will pay and they will wait.

FYI - I pay taxes on every single dollar... just not the 5's, 10's, 20', 50's and 100's!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Using Square in Addition to Accepting Cash (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL