The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Glimpse (Peek??) -- book or video recommendations? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
carlyle
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of carlyle
Bob - The silk production and colour-change routine in Henry Hay's book is one that I really enjoyed (used to do it once in a while, makes me want to practice it again).

Yes, I meant to have the known card already reversed, second from bottom (if you want, then you can handle the deck more or less normally - shuffle it and spread, etc.). Double or triple cut the bottom card to top when it's time. Or start with it face-up second from top and double cut the top two cards to the bottom. Again, you could handle/shuffle/spread the deck normally, without too much worry.
Bob G
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Thanks, Carlyle! I'll give your card ideas a try, and I look forward to reading the silk routine in Hay.
Bob G
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Dear Glenn, Carlyle, and camron,

My copy of the Hay book arrived today. I haven't yet looked at the glimpse or silk production, but I've read a large part of the early chapters and am already impressed with his ideas and his writing. I don't know how I missed this book for so long. He's such a good writer that he'd probably be a pleasure to listen to if he was reading 20-year-old weather reports. I'm looking forward continuing. Thanks for the recommendation.

Bob
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Special user
777 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Best-written book in magic, hands down.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
5376 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, Rupert Pupkin wrote:
Best-written book in magic, hands down.

Not even close, but a great book nonetheless.
greig ewen
View Profile
Elite user
466 Posts

Profile of greig ewen
Daniel Garcia has a sweet on his Penguin Live Lecture, he mentions its only been in print in Spain. Ian Rowland has some fun one on his Penguin Live also, are they natural...no, are they fun...Hell yes.
Lennart Green in his Green Magic series has some good ones also, I think either volume 2 or 3.

Cant have enough good workable Peeks imho.

greig. Smile
Bob G
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Bob G
Ha! Thanks for the leads, Grieg.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » The Glimpse (Peek??) -- book or video recommendations? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL