The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Life of Jesus told with cards- origin (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
I have a story using an entire deck of cards that tell the story of Jesus life. it is NOT the version of the soldier and the cards where the 4 suits are the 4 seasons, and the 52 cards equal the weeks. A bit of it looks like this...

Arrange the deck of cards in the following order, from the top of the deck down.
A=Ace, K= King, Q=Queen, J=Jack, S=Spades, H=Hearts, D=Diamonds, C=Clubs
AS,QH,JH,JOKER,AD,2D,3D,KD,5H,6H,7H,10S,2S,4D,9C,7C,8D,JS,6C,4H,2H,8H,4C,5C,8S,8C,JC,4C,9H,9S,9D,3S,3C,10H,10D,10C,5D,6D,7D,KS,KC,2C,AC,AH,5S,6S,7S,QD,QS,QC,JD,3H,KH.
SCRIPT
This is the story of a man named Jesus (AS), who was a lowly carpenter’s son. Mary (QH) was His mother, and Joseph (JH) was His earthly father. Jesus wasn’t just and ordinary man, He was the Son of God and the sworn enemy of the devil (JOKER). The devil devised 3 tests which he tempted Jesus with. The first temptation (AD) came after Jesus had been fasting in the wilderness for forty days. The devil tried to get Jesus to turn stones into bread, but Jesus refused and beat that first temptation. The second temptation (2D) had the devil trying to get Jesus to test God, again Jesus refused and beat that temptation. The third temptation (3D) was to attempt to get Jesus to worship the devil. Again Jesus beat this temptation. He was able to resist because He knew what the Bible said and He obeyed it. Jesus was tested and He shone like a king (KD). The devil could do nothing else but run away. (5H, 6H, 7H).
Jesus then began his ministry and He started by picking 12 disciples (10S) plus (2S). There were fishermen, tax collectors, it was a real ODD group of men (4D),(9C),(7C),(8D). Really there were only 11 disciples since one of them, Judas Iscariot (JS) would later betray Jesus. Jesus went around healing the Six, I mean sick (6C), and helping the unFOR-TUN-ATE (4H),(2H),(8H). He also forced (4C) the money changers from the Temple. One day he fed 5000 people (5C) from 5 loaves and two fish and the people ate (8S) and ate (8C) until they were full... ( and on it goes using the rest of the stack)

I don't know if I found this somewhere or if I took the essence of the concept and made the rest of the story myself. I am working on a book and if this is enough mine would publish this effect, If I snagged it from someone I want to know that. I just can't recall...If that story jogs your memoryy, would love to know!
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
It seems to me you took the concept of “Sam the Bellhop” and made it about Jesus. It’s not bad, it might need some more fleshing out. Smile
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Yeah it is the Bellhop idea. I think I made it up.just making sure as it will be published in a book I'm doing...
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
Mark Boody Illusionist
View Profile
Inner circle
1366 Posts

Profile of Mark Boody Illusionist
Randy

This may be of some help to you. http://dazzlemagicshop.com/store2/index1......n=1&ser=

This is produced and marketed by Chris Newsom a magician and pastor in Branson Missouri. I could put you in contact with him if

you wanted to discuss your ideas further. Just drop me a PM.

All the best.

Mark
Only he who can see the invisible can do the impossible. Frank L. Gaines
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Hi Mark,

thanks, I looked at the video it is the same idea, but a totally different script, so I am feeling like I must have made the script/order of cards up myself... Smile.
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Henry Hey said; “When you make an invention, the invention is yours to be enjoyed as such. But it is most likely to go down as the RE-invention of the Great Blotto’s original masterpiece.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Life of Jesus told with cards- origin (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL