The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Looking for a 3 card monte (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Asaka
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Asaka
Can anyone recommend a good non-gimmick 3 card monte that doesn't use 3 card monte throw?
I remember I saw a version few years ago that a performer out-jog the money card in a fan. He clearly showed the out-jog card is the money card to the spectator before he turned the fan face down) , and then deal that out-jogged money card on to a table ... It was definitely non-gimmick , but I have no idea what version is that.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There's something very nice called "The Only Three Card Trick Using Four Cards"
https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/three-......-riding/

:)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Zetif
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Zetif
I like this simple one by Akira Fujii : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daGvQdfZEZ4

It meets your criteria.
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1458 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Poor Man's Monte ( Apocalypse around 1981 ) uses the turn down move to switch the out-jogged middle card.
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
After many years and many Montes I've settled on Virginia City Shuffle. You can see Michael Ammar perform it on YouTube and get the information about what DVD it is on.

It might not fit your criteria if you consider a blank card to be a gimmick but in the all of the cards are examinable so to me that qualifies as ungimmicked.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
Be sure and check out Harry Lorayne's Monte Plus Plus! Lynn
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, MeetMagicMike wrote:
After many years and many Montes I've settled on Virginia City Shuffle. You can see Michael Ammar perform it on YouTube and get the information about what DVD it is on.

It might not fit your criteria if you consider a blank card to be a gimmick but in the all of the cards are examinable so to me that qualifies as ungimmicked.

Easy to Master Card Miracles vol. 5
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
You should look at Double Monte by John Guastaferro from his Brainstorm DVDs. It's not gimmicked and doesn't use the throws you described. There is also an additional transposition between another spectators card at the end, very fooling. Great routine and a perfect follow up to his "Club Sandwich" which is one of my all time favorites of his to perform. Those DVDs are GOLD for card magic!!
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
federico luduena
View Profile
Loyal user
Spain
249 Posts

Profile of federico luduena
The Rainbow Monte is another option:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Simplex monte by Rob Bromley is nice and visual however it does use a gimmick http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5834

I do know the technique you've described and actually use it myself I think I learned it off one of the late, great Daryl DVD's he has one purely on the 3 card monte and teaches everything you could want and more it's definitely worth getting.
Bob G
View Profile
Inner circle
2831 Posts

Profile of Bob G
I'm not sure it meets your criteria, but Paul Wilson's "Gypsy Monte" is great. He uses tarot cards and tells a story. It's on his Knock 'em Dead DVD.
ThomasJ
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
1000 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
I second Double Monte (and Club Sandwich) by John G. Gregory Wilson's Flat-Out Monte on Vol. 2 of his In Action DVD set is also great.
Asaka
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of Asaka
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2018, warren wrote:
Simplex monte by Rob Bromley is nice and visual however it does use a gimmick http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5834

I do know the technique you've described and actually use it myself I think I learned it off one of the late, great Daryl DVD's he has one purely on the 3 card monte and teaches everything you could want and more it's definitely worth getting.

Are you referring the Vernon's Optical Move?
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
A number of great options here. I'll add one more...

Garrett Thomas' Stand Up Monte. I like this one because it is well-structured with a beginning, middle, and end. (Of course, it's modular, so you can remove as many phases as you like to make it something comfortable for you.)

Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2018, Dollarbill wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 25, 2018, MeetMagicMike wrote:

Easy to Master Card Miracles vol. 5

Alot of good stuff here. I would have to second Virginia City Shuffle. It's so deliberate and convincing.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
A super visual monte is Steve Valentine's "Three". A very nice routine that ends clean. Here is a full unedited performance demo:

Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I love this thread, as I am crazy about montes.

I have t concur that Virginia City Shuffle is classic. Truly great. Couple others I would recommend that have stood by me over the years are "Vsible Monte" by Gaeton Bloom. Utterly IMPOSSIBLE for them to follow the card due to the ingenious and diabolical gimmick, and also Mike Rogers "Unconquered Card", which I have also had great success with through the years.

There are others .
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Someone else already mentioned it, but I was also going to suggest Harry Lorayne's Monte Plus.

I can't seem to find a clip online of Harry himself performing it, but here's a half decent performance that shows how the routine looks here:

It's a beautiful three card monte routine that uses ungaffed cards, and includes a wonderful and strong kicker at the end which Harry himself added, including a card with a bent corner. The routine is based on the Trevor Lewis turnover move, which is not complicated (in the above clip the performer probably does this move too quickly, so it's not the ideal model), and yet allows you to make the impossible happen with completely ungaffed cards.

Harry performs and teaches this routine in his Jaw Droppers lecture, which was released last year in connection with his 90th birthday. This great lecture is available for just $5 (yes, really!), and Monte Plus is just one of 15 excellent routines performed and taught in the 2 and a half hour long lecture. For more details on what's in the lecture and how to get it, see the review I just posted elsewhere on The Magic Café here:

Review: Harry Lorayne's Jaw Droppers Lecture
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Glad to see performances of the items mentioned. Also happy to see the Dutch Looper and Pimpernel Card routines are evolving. Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
You mentioned you didn't want to use "the throw" but.....
Consider playing it with Disks.
Basically the same as Cards and yes, requires the throw (which really isn't that difficult at all).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-HGOOpK03Q

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Looking for a 3 card monte (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL