The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Godfather and The Penguin..."Vinny Marini LIVE!" 2/25/18 (20 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
It's always good to see one of our own sharing on some of the bigger stages out there. and this time it's our very own Vinny Marini. The Godfather will do his thing on February 25 @ 7PM on Penguin Magic LIVE. Smile He's done a lot and been doing it for a very long time, and did it here first on the coin forum with a great bit of it...Always happily sharing with us all. Smile

Happy to see such fine and deserved recognition, and Penguin has been doing that in a big way for the big, small & all of us as to magic. BRAVO!

www.penguinmagic.com/p/9421

Click here to view attached image.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Congrats Vinny!
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Way to go Vinny. Show them the stuff they can't refuse. Smile
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
3080 Posts

Profile of fonda57
Cool. Can't wait
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Wooooo Hooo!

I hope you will have an opportunity to share about the one that helped you get started on this road.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
ILL DO MY BEST JOHN
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
I've read about it somewhere on the Café - I just thought it was a good story, and it puts in perspective your generosity on the Café. Either way, take a deep breath, or two, and enjoy your time in the limelight.

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Congrats Godfather!. Break a leg!.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
I want to thank all of you for being sop supportive
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I haven't purchased a penguin lecture in a good while now but am looking forward to purchasing yours vinny, best of luck with it!

Kieran
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Vinny is a true gentleman and is always willing to go the extra mile to help fellow magicians I can remember Vinny helping me via Skype when I needed some help with an elastic band technique.....Best wishes with the lecture Smile
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9987 Posts

Profile of funsway
I couldn't be more pleased that Vinny is getting some recognition and possible appreciation of the creativity, dedication and enjoyment he has brought and gifted.

Maybe this program will kindle more interest in folks learning and using Crimp Technologies.

Many here know that I started a series of books based on Vinny's story and understand the value of "The Crimp" as a tool.
The interest was low and such comments of value I received back indicated little interest in "the story," but some in new effects based on Crimp Techniques.

The initial purpose was to inspire creativity on the part of others. I wanted to offer hammers and saws. Many want house plans.
The special purpose was to get folks to contact Vinny directly with questions. Apparently that has happened. Terrific!
The material was designed to assist performers in watching Vinny's many posted video snippets, and being able to understand what was happening.
To date, I have not received any notice of anyone actually learning these Crimp Techniques and developing any new effects or even performing one of Vinny's.

I am delighted with the prospect of the Penguin "Vinny Live" to generate "action" about his creations. Maybe I can get excited about the book(s) again.
I have developed several new effects based on Crimp Technologies that I use. So can you. Always willing to discuss such things.

As encouragement, I will offer a couple of quotes from the daft release "Wave of Hand."

Words of the Godfather as I heard them in conversation:

"There is no great secret to doing good magic. Just stop doing things that people might remember as not being astonishing. People remember the flowers, not the delivery boy."

“Sure you can do these effects without the Crimp. But when you use it something smiles inside and the audience will smile too but never know why.”

"Magic is about surprise, but the performer should never be surprised. Tell then what to think. Never ask them to think."

"People sometimes say, 'Show me how you did that sleight'. Silly! If you can see anything it isn’t a sleight."

"To know magic you must live magic. No spectator can ever think ‘magic’ unless you say it inside of yourself first."

Go Vinny!
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, funsway wrote:
I couldn't be more pleased that Vinny is getting some recognition and possible appreciation of the creativity, dedication and enjoyment he has brought and gifted...

"To know magic you must live magic. No spectator can ever think ‘magic’ unless you say it inside of yourself first."

Go Vinny!

Yes, "Go Vinny!" And happy funs took the time to bring Vinny's Crimping technique forward, it really is a pretty unique usage as to coins, definitely an alternative many would find useful and magical. Smile

Looking forward to his Penguin Lecture this weekend, I'm very proud to see another one of our own here show why this special place on The Café is so wonderful. Smile

*And man, I'm loving the video Penguin put up on this...So proud to see The Godfather showing them how a great closeup man (that just happens to be a really good coin guy too) gets it done and makes it all look like so much FUN! Smile

*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
And as The Great, Ed Sullivan used to say, "It's gonna be a really big shoe"....errrrr, I mean "show!" 😁

It's tonight, 2/25 @ 7PM on Penguin LIVE... Enjoy all! 🎩

Click here to view attached image.

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, Magicrcook wrote:
Enjoyed the lecture. Vinny's take on the han ping chen was revolutionary. There were also ORIGINAL easy card moves worth the price

I enjoyed this lecture as well, loads of good magic, entertainment and plain old fun! Smile Vinny, you done good! Smile There was a lot of good closeup magic shared, including coin stuff of which Vinny is a real master at as well. And some of those card moves are just remarkable. For a coin guy, he sure makes those card moves look deceptively easy, but then again he made all those closeup effects look easy, like he was just having fun at one of the several restaurants or at the famed Magic Castle where he regularly does magic for people ...I know I was having fun! Smile Great show! Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
"Vinny Marini, the "Godfather" of Magic will make you an offer that you cannot refuse... If you want to see a different point of view and learn some great stuff, take a look at Vinny's work!" - Paul Green

"With Vinny, you will see a lecture that is full of new material and great personality. This is one lecture I would highly recommend watching. He is always working and performing, so this should prove his material is audience-tested and very practical. I highly recommend it! This is a lecture you can't refuse." - Sal Piacente

"Vinny's life is creating magic for and sharing his skills/ideas with others. You won't be sorry you made contact with Vinny." - Scott Grossberg

I was looking at these comments about Vinny & his magic from his recent Penguin LIVE Lecture...Some big names there, and I'd say they were spot-on as to the man before and now after, and most likely forever. Smile

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » The Godfather and The Penguin..."Vinny Marini LIVE!" 2/25/18 (20 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL