The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Transfer by Zach Pattee (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
An effect recommended by Rick Lax.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/9559

Completely took me by surprise! I thought I knew what was going on.." -Rick Lax
http://penguinmagic.com/p/9559

Zach Pattee, a full-time bartender magician from Las Vegas creates magic for himself, and it needs to be bullet-proof. It also needs to be streamlined, and VISUAL.

"Instant Transfer" proves that subtleties can make ALL the difference in a magic trick.

Here's what happens: You hand your spectator a $5 bill and you hang on to a $20. As your $20 falls from your hand IT CHANGES IN MID-AIR to the $5 (HUGE magic moment #1), now the tension builds ... and when your spectator opens her hand, THERE IS YOUR $20 (Huge magic moment #2) and the entire bar goes WILD!!!!!!!!!!!

If you already perform the classic trick 5-and-1 transpo, you'll LOVE what Zach's handling does to elevate it. If you've never performed the 5-and-1 transpo, you are going to LOVE this trick to death and carry it with you EVERYWHERE.

The best part is that there are no moving parts to wear out, no springs or elastics. The gimmick takes LITERALLY less than 5 minutes to make, and it will last a lifetime. In the off chance something happens to it (say for example YOU ACCIDENTALLY SPEND IT) then guess what? Five minutes and you can make yourself a new one.

Rick Lax was so excited we're releasing this that he sent in a video from vacation. Check it out here, then look at trailer #2 for the trick itself.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Sigh.... again an ad without a uncut demo of the effect.
While testimonials are nice, they are not convincing to buy.

Sigh..... I'm on a quest to get online dealers to stop with demos of audience reactions, testimonials and special effects.

I don't see a Trailer #2 with an uncut demo of the effect ?
If I did, that would make me happy Smile and more like a real dealer demo show or live magic shop demo.
Just no cuts for audience reaction until the effect is over please Smile
Long Island,

New York
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Oops..I did find the 2nd trailer.... Thank you .... "Sort of".

Still not a complete demo of a performance that is uncut.

In addition, what is the video editing and flash of light as the bill changes ?
Does the effect come with a flash of light ? If not, people don't blink at just the correct moment ?

I'm confused ?
Long Island,

New York
Wayne Richmond
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Wayne Richmond
I very much agree with you 'Expertmagician'. I hate it when you are not given a clean, uncut demo of a performance.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Of course magicians want uncut demos. Then they can rework how the effect is done and save their money. ***ed if you do, ***ed if you don’t.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Guessing from what I can see in the demo that the bills have to be the same color....and plastic money likely not work.. anyone confirm my suspicions..
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Plastic money does not remain in the folded position, so I’d say not a chance.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
That's what I figured too.
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
That said, color is not really an issue. But really there is little new here and the gimmick fails to take advantage of the advances made in this genre the past few decades. If you have never done a bill transpo then this could well be for you.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I was disappointed with this purchase. But in fairness to the creator I have not tried it in front of an audience yet. My issue is primarily with the "visual" change in mid-air. Having performed "Beswitched" and other variations of the bill change this seems like your giving too much of the method away on a silver platter. The gaffed bill screams for examination after such a small gesture (tipping over the bill). I could be wrong, but for my money John T. Sheets method with "Cool Cash" is still the best because it's visual, deceptive, and both bills can be immediately handed over for examination.
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Do both bills need to have the same size for the change to work properly?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2018, Jared wrote:
I was disappointed with this purchase. But in fairness to the creator I have not tried it in front of an audience yet. My issue is primarily with the "visual" change in mid-air. Having performed "Beswitched" and other variations of the bill change this seems like your giving too much of the method away on a silver platter. The gaffed bill screams for examination after such a small gesture (tipping over the bill). I could be wrong, but for my money John T. Sheets method with "Cool Cash" is still the best because it's visual, deceptive, and both bills can be immediately handed over for examination.

I use gaffed bills in real performances and even though sometimes the audience wants to examine them, the performer has to use some audience management so they don't examine them, I have found that not allowing them to examine the bills takes nothing away from their amazement of the effect whatsoever. For example, the one money effect ($2 Window) is obviously gaffed yet is one of the effects the audience goes nuts over and still thinks its fantastic when they can't examine the bills.

Transfer is easier to hide the gaff than it is with the $2 Window effect. Zach seems like a stand up fellow that has a lot of experience performing this.

Now I don't have John T. Sheets Cool Cash to compare and may have to check that out.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, RNK wrote:
I use gaffed bills in real performances and even though sometimes the audience wants to examine them, the performer has to use some audience management so they don't examine them, I have found that not allowing them to examine the bills takes nothing away from their amazement of the effect whatsoever. For example, the one money effect ($2 Window) is obviously gaffed yet is one of the effects the audience goes nuts over and still thinks its fantastic when they can't examine the bills.

Transfer is easier to hide the gaff than it is with the $2 Window effect. Zach seems like a stand up fellow that has a lot of experience performing this.

Now I don't have John T. Sheets Cool Cash to compare and may have to check that out.

Your observation is partially correct. As mentioned, when I preformed U.F. Grant's Beswitched or Eugene Berger's slow motion transpo, there seems to be no heat on the gaffed bill and I believe that the reason is because the change happens in the magician's hands during a magical gesture (shaking the bills, closing the fist etc.,. The assumption is that the magician MUST be doing sleight of hand. But with Transfer, you literally tip over the bill for it to change. I may be wrong but if I was in the spectator's shoes I'd want to see that bill. It's a fine line for sure and the only way that I may be able to convince you otherwise is for you to try both handlings and to compare for yourself.

But do check out John's "Cool Cash". It blows every other handling out of the water because it looks ridiculously fair and the gimmick is so small that it sit in your wallet 24/7. Btw- the Sheet's effect was previously called "Atomic Bills". In fact, it may be listed as such on his DVD.
Ernst VCO
View Profile
New user
that has really been trying, but only has
52 Posts

Profile of Ernst VCO
I would be inclined to check it out for the price.
Gaijin
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Gaijin
Despite the general negative feeling, I am still interested. Can someone tell me if both bills need to have the same size for the change to work properly?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Feb 26, 2018, Gaijin wrote:
Despite the general negative feeling, I am still interested. Can someone tell me if both bills need to have the same size for the change to work properly?

I would say yes
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Feb 22, 2018, Jared wrote:
The assumption is that the magician MUST be doing sleight of hand. But with Transfer, you literally tip over the bill for it to change.

You're 100% right. I would even add something. If it happens in your hands, especially if there is some cover, mystery still flows into spectator's mind. If you don't move, yet the bill changes in full sight, you eliminate alternative hypotheses and the only hypothesis left is the right one. It's for this same reason I'm now very careful before I put a coin spectator's hand. Sometimes, they know the coin has been already switched, because in their mind, they can't believe the coin has changed in their closed fist, especially after examining the coin.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2018, mh1001 wrote:
It's for this same reason I'm now very careful before I put a coin spectator's hand. Sometimes, they know the coin has been already switched, because in their mind, they can't believe the coin has changed in their closed fist, especially after examining the coin.

When I use the Ox, after the work had been done, I show the coin before placing it in the spectators hand. When showing the coin, at that moment they still don't know or can see what happened to the coin. IMO this takes the effect to the highest amazement level.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
When I use the Ox, after the work had been done, I show the coin before placing it in the spectators hand. When showing the coin, at that moment they still don't know or can see what happened to the coin. IMO this takes the effect to the highest amazement level. [/quote]

You are spot on correct about how to perform a coin bend the best way. Because you can casually display a coin that is already bent as being "not", the demonstration is 100 times more convincing. Because from the spectator's point of viewpoint nothing has happened yet. This is exactly the way I perform my coin bend using the Ox Bender.
Nikita
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of Nikita
"As your $20 falls from your hand IT CHANGES IN MID-AIR to the $5" what? You just flip the bill on other side. Any spectator will understand this and will take the note to look on that previous side))) What a terrible move.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Transfer by Zach Pattee (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL