The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What are the BEST tricks to put in wallet? (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Virginia City Shuffle is a permanent feature in my wallet.
montanna40
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of montanna40
Powerball 60
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
In a normal brown bear leather wallet (large, but still suitable for the backpocket), I carry around quite a lot of tricks (seven) without the wallet being overloaded.
What makes it efficient for me is to store props (loops, piece of paper, a piece of black tack/ blue tack, a prediction card...) which enables to grab borrowed objects (shuffled deck, a knive, a ring , a fork,..) and perform tricks on the spot.
For a hobby performer as I am, there is usually no formal setting and it is nice to appear impromptu in casual situations.
Trickwise it could be for example:
Kollossal Killer with DD cards, Coins across with a s#### , 6 old cards for Brent Braun’s Torched and restored, Nick Einhorns Instachange, ...
dmoriarty1
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of dmoriarty1
This thread is a few months old, but I wanted to say thanks for all the great ideas (and reminders of some forgotten gems). I wanted to add what's been in my wallet for years: Two $1s to a $2 and Tony Miller's Pocket Space Plus. The bill transpo is a classic, but Tony Miller's effect is great and I believe long out of print, which is unfortunate because I've performed this so much the cards are worn out.

You can find an old thread on the effect here: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......c=261451
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Unknown to the spectator, have yourself a d-b***** card inside the closed wallet.

Then have the spectator freely select any card in the deck.
Shuffle the deck, keeping the card on top.

Open the wallet and show there is a card inside.
Place the card on top of the deck, and perform a d-l***

Lo-and-behold - the card in the wallet was their card.
Hand them their card, and immediately cut the deck, loosing the evidence.
keilunmagic
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of keilunmagic
Quote:
On Apr 25, 2018, Chollet wrote:
I have the Jerry O'Connell Packet Trick Wallet, which carries my ID, a credit card and some cash. It also can carry several packet tricks and a few coins. Here is what I keep inside: B'Wave, 4 aces (Twisting or Dr. Daleys) a few spare cards for card warp, Sankey's Unharmed, and a copper and silver coin. It's like a magic-show-to-go! And it all fits in my front pocket.

I used to use the Tan version (softer), recently moved to the Shogun Wallet. I carry cash (same amount on both sides for consistency), my unreleased B'Wave, NFW, an extra ungaffed Ace and Hold It Buster by Dan Harlan (4 cards on one side and the reveal in the other), plus few credit cards. Hip and compact.
Denis Bastible
View Profile
Loyal user
Buffalo, New York
293 Posts

Profile of Denis Bastible
WTF and B’Wave
If you listen to Phil, forgo the Elmsley count, treat B’Wave as mentalism, it absolutely fries. With WTF, it takes a bit of time to do a convincing 4 joker reveal, but that adds immensely to the effect and presentation. Always those two with me in O’CONNELL packet wallet,. Hopping Halves always there too
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, Denis Bastible wrote:
WTF and B’Wave
If you listen to Phil, forgo the Elmsley count, treat B’Wave as mentalism, it absolutely fries. With WTF, it takes a bit of time to do a convincing 4 joker reveal, but that adds immensely to the effect and presentation. Always those two with me in O’CONNELL packet wallet,. Hopping Halves always there too

You mean NFW.......WTF is the reaction it gets.
Smile
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
The LED Monte.
Self-working.

Plays big, packs small.
Lots of ways to perform this.

Three small LED lights, one battery.
The spectator tries to find the odd coloured light.

Everything is in the control of the performer.
Depeding on your supplier, this comes with just the lights, or with cups.
thekillingjoke33
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of thekillingjoke33
Powerball 60, Bwave, Positive/Positive, Coins, Triad Coins, an 4 card packet trick of mine
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On Feb 1, 2019, dmoriarty1 wrote:
...Tony Miller's effect is great and I believe long out of print, which is unfortunate because ...
Ask him. http://rfaproductions.com/products/pocketspace.htm
He's got some new stuff too Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2018, montanna40 wrote:
Powerball 60

PB60 for me too!! Great trick if presented well Smile
draupnir
View Profile
New user
Texas
69 Posts

Profile of draupnir
I've always had really good experiences with B'wave and I also tend to carry a few prepared fusion gimmicks from blake vogt
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
B'wave is a great trick, still after all these years. It is easy to do, and lends itself more to your presentation skills, which should be practiced as much as the moves in any effect. I used to carry it, along with NFW, Double Back and Capitulating Queens (Think they all still live together in that old wallet, too). Smile

That was my starting 5...So good that for years, all you needed was just these 4. Smile

Made a decent-at-best coin guy like myself, look & feel a bit like a pretty darn good card man at times. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2020, Mb217 wrote:
B'wave is a great trick, still after all these years. It is easy to do, and lends itself more to your presentation skills, which should be practiced as much as the moves in any effect. I used to carry it, along with NFW, Double Back and Capitulating Queens (Think they all still live together in that old wallet, too).

NFW and Capitulating Queens are two outstanding choices for this category.

But B'Wave is the one that I carry around with me the most, simply because of how easy it is for portability, preparation, and presentation.
peter881020
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
10 Posts

Profile of peter881020
I always carry B'wave and NFW. Quick tricks and have a great impact on audiences
Gonzalo Mateos
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of Gonzalo Mateos
I always carry a packet trick where you change a lot of times the colour of the back of the cards. I don’t know the name of this trick, also I carry the gimmick of a “card throw spectator’s bill”. The third thing I always carry is one normal card, and I can use it for example as a prediction of a thinked card. Also in mi pockets I carry some coins, elastic bands and a deck.
magicwiia
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of magicwiia
Ace by Richard Sanders
Stand-Up Monte by Garrett Thomas
lighthouse9
View Profile
New user
Michigan
50 Posts

Profile of lighthouse9
Some great suggestions in this thread. I carry B'wave, and occasionally some Regeneration or Torched and Restored cards.
Jxb1989
View Profile
New user
USA
49 Posts

Profile of Jxb1989
In my wallet (stealth assassin) I have extreme burn 2.0, Rejoined by Joao Miranda, my business cards , surprice by Taiwan Ben on an old debit card, and stasis built into a credit card. Now, for my packet trick wallet (jol), I have polish poker, shinkansen by Phil Goldstein, Bridge over troubled oil and water, and skinners monte.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What are the BEST tricks to put in wallet? (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL