The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » 3D printed cap for disappearing cane (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
556 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
With Fantasio's recent passing I got out my vanishing cane and candles and played around with them. I always had to fuss with them to get the end just the right size for the cap. I thought, "Why don't they make the caps so they fit easier?" I tried a thumb tip as a cap and it went on perfectly, so I drew up a cap with the same inner diameter as the TT and printed it. It works great. Here's a picture.

Click here to view attached image.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Wish I had one! I have tried cologne bottle caps, Perfume caps and any caps that looked like they would work. They needed to be just a few increments larger. Great Job!!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1501 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Or, you could do it without a cap, like Jonathan Neal Brown in "The New York Magic Symposium, Collection Two". But not with the plastic canes.
Remember, slightly less than two present of all UFO sightings turn out to be actual extraterrestrial craft.
Borrow three wide brimmed felt hats from the audience.
Dr. Harlan Tarbell
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Use a chair tip.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
556 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Good 'tip' hugmagic. I never even heard of those before, but they look good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » 3D printed cap for disappearing cane (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL