The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » 3D printed cap for disappearing cane (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
With Fantasio's recent passing I got out my vanishing cane and candles and played around with them. I always had to fuss with them to get the end just the right size for the cap. I thought, "Why don't they make the caps so they fit easier?" I tried a thumb tip as a cap and it went on perfectly, so I drew up a cap with the same inner diameter as the TT and printed it. It works great. Here's a picture.

Click here to view attached image.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Wish I had one! I have tried cologne bottle caps, Perfume caps and any caps that looked like they would work. They needed to be just a few increments larger. Great Job!!
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Or, you could do it without a cap, like Jonathan Neal Brown in "The New York Magic Symposium, Collection Two". But not with the plastic canes.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Use a chair tip.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
olivertwist
View Profile
Special user
Nashua, NH
588 Posts

Profile of olivertwist
Good 'tip' hugmagic. I never even heard of those before, but they look good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » 3D printed cap for disappearing cane (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL