The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Which effect do you consider so strong your willing to dedicate a whole deck to it ? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
When working I never use a trick deck for want of a better word as pocket space is very important, that doesn't mean that I don't add a card to the deck every now and again but I've yet to find an effect I think is that strong that I'm willing to dedicate a whole deck to it, not yet anyway but never say never.

My question is aimed mainly at the workers out there,is there one particular effect that you consider so strong that your willing to dedicate a full deck to that one effect ?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
Thanks for the link much appreciated Smile as it was posted in the Gaffed & Funky rather than the workers section no wonder I missed haha......now to see if I can be converted Smile
mr-carl-magic
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of mr-carl-magic
I think acaan
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3509 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Pre-Deck-Ability by Aldo Colombini. Found it on lybrary.com and well worth the $10.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Up the Ante by Martyn Smith. (not sure about first name spelling).
todsky
View Profile
Inner circle
www.magicstore.ca
2354 Posts

Profile of todsky
Yes, Up the Ante is superb! I've used it and the reactions are very strong. It also really gets the audience involved in the whole betting process. But you will need table space.
Todsky's Magic Shop: over 15,000 tricks, books, DVD s and Card decks. www.magicstore.ca
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Agreeing with mr-carl-magic. Because, (& again, Thanks to Mr. entity Smile , for providing me with the Si Stebbins', aka Mr. William Coffrin, "ACAAN" tutorial) it is so direct, & clean. It leaves my specs. STUNNED!

Also, love "Up the Ante." (Btw, greerj, Yes, the spelling is correct.) Hi Capt. Smile
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Where can this Si Stebbins' ACAAN be found? Sounds good
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
I have to apologize. So Sorry! Ref: My above post, it should've been in 'Shuffled not Stirred.'

Recopion: Kindly pm entity, & ask him if you may have a copy?
captainsmiffy
View Profile
Special user
UK, resident UAE
589 Posts

Profile of captainsmiffy
Hi Greerj....you got the spelling correct!! Todsky, glad that you are loving it 😄 best martyn
Have you tried 'Up The Ante' yet?? The ultimate gambling demo....a self-working wonder! See the reviews here on the cafe.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
I have mainly carried one of the following along with normal deck on gigs;
- Trevor Duffy/Max Maven Phil Deck
- Joshua Jay Waltzin Cheek to Cheek
- Normal Cheek to Cheek
- Invisible Deck
- Memdeck
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
706 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
MacDonald's Aces. I start with a few FASDIU tricks, put the deck in my coat pocket, pull out some coins and rope, and then come back to the pocket to pull out the MacD Aces deck as a closer.
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I have several decks that I think are worth it. Sometimes alone as a single card trick or perhaps after using a normal deck and switching at some point. A few that use on a regular basis are:
• Invisible Deck
• Brainwave
• Mastermind
• Mindpower
• My own open prediction deck
• Omni Deck (not really a deck, but the illusions is so - up until the end!)

I have a few others, but those are some of my favorites. Like I said, I might only bring along one of these and switch it in at some point.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
843 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
Some of these answers don't fit. The OP asked what *effect* (singular) and "dedicate a whole deck to it." By which I read him to mean what *single* effect is strong enough that you would use a special gaffed deck *just for that one trick alone.* (Sorry in advance to Dick Oslund for mixing up the nomenclature.)

I suggest Simon Aronson's "Red See Passover." Also Ed Marlo's "Think As I Think." (I don't know where to find these any more. Old age. Memory issues.) Oh, and Marlo's "Female." I'm sure there are other Marlo gems.

Think as I Think actually uses TWO gaffed decks, one of which is a roughed red-blue Mene-Tekel deck, a deck which I've never seen used by anybody for anything. I forget what the other deck is! Smile As well as the working of the trick. But it sure looked good when I read it--somewhere.
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
747 Posts

Profile of karnak
Can you (or anyone) briefly describe the effect of Ed Marlo's "Think As I Think"? I'm intrigued, but a search has so far turned up nothing.
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4654 Posts

Profile of Sixten
Hi karnak,

Don't have it, but...

(Marlo's Magazine Vol. 1, pg. #208)

http://archive.denisbehr.de/list/book/22 (Scroll down, when you get to it, click the arrow on the right-hand side.)

Smile
john G
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of john G
The invisible deck and accan #3 from the journey by matt johnson
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
Contact Colors by Aldo Colombini

I also like to keep a deck ready with Anniversary Waltz.
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Carta Mundi
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Carta Mundi
FUCAN by Alan Rorrison.

JC's Super Closer by JC Wagner.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Which effect do you consider so strong your willing to dedicate a whole deck to it ? (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL