The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Easy Bend Keys by PropDog (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
We here at PropDog are extremely proud to present the Easy Bend Key! It's so soft, you can bend it with just your hands. Even a small built women can bend them! But the best thing is, once you bend it, you can't bend it back!

You can use this key on it's own, or in conjuction with the No Bend key, which is identical in every way, but this key has not been heat treated and is almost impossible to bend with your bare hands.

As a routine idea, you can give the No Bend Key to a spectator, ask him or her to bend it, which if course they can't, you take the key back and place your hand on their forehead and tell them that you are giving him or her the power to bend it or to give them super strength or whatever patter you want to use. Whilst doing this, you are switching the key for an Easy Bend Key. You then give them the key and ask them to bend it as much as they can, which they can now do. You now say that you are going to take the power away and snap your fingers. Because the key is now bent, they of course can not now bend it back.

Check them out here: http://www.propdog.co.uk/index.php?route......nd%20key
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
I ordered 10. Will review when they get here.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Had mine for a couple of days...work as advertised, very useful product...
I've asked to be banned
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
These are bloody brilliant. You hand a key out and have everyone try with all their might to bend it. They can't. You initial one side, someone else initials the other. They pick it up and with new powers can bend the key almost in half. No one can bend it back again.

The signed key is now a great souvenir. Not of when a magician bent a key, but when they bent it themselves.

Terrific.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Whoa.. Why is this so cheap?!?! This sounds incredible.

I use Rasmus’ Real Coin bend which I love.. But having the ability to bend it and not be able to have it bent back is amazing!
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 10, 2018, Harry Patter wrote:

These are bloody brilliant. You hand a key out and have everyone try with all their might to bend it. They can't. You initial one side, someone else initials the other. They pick it up and with new powers can bend the key almost in half. No one can bend it back again.

The signed key is now a great souvenir. Not of when a magician bent a key, but when they bent it themselves.

Terrific.

PropDog nice find and very reasonably priced.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
So once you bend a key those can never be bent back correct ? You loose a key every performance but for that price it's worth it !
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
They are now 1.98 each .
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
Yep. They bend easily but only once. If you get a brute of a spectator he may be able to move it. But it contrast to how easily a lady bent it double did it in the first place it doesn't matter. Hey - maybe she weakened it.

The look on the spectators face as they try to bend it the second time and they CAN is worth so much more than £1.98

It goes everywhere with me now. They are half the price of a coffee in London.

I really don't want anyone else doing it but that would spoil the point of this forum.
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Thanks for all the kind comments guys,

Ustaad, this wasn’t a ‘find’, these were a development. I’ve previously developed the heat treated forks, and the Easy Bend Coins which are still available on our website. This was just the next evolution of those.

TheDirectionist, they are so cheap, because I don’t want to rip my customers off! They don’t cost that much to develop because they are brass keys so the annealing process takes far less heat than steel or other metals, therefore less energy costs. Also being brass the oxidisation cleanup is a lot easier than with other metals so less chemicals and again less energy needed. Also, brass being a soft metal, there is less wear and tear on key cutting machine and they are quicker to cut.
So I pass on all the savings to you guys.

The benefit to me is because they are cheaper, they become a more viable souvenir handout, the workers for example can afford to add them to their repertoire and use them regularly and therefore we’ll hopefully sell more. Plus we are selling these direct, if they were sold through other dealers or shops then there would be an additional wholesale price and a retail price added on.

Hope all this makes sense 😃

Also guys, these aren’t £1.98, they $1.98, (£1.49), but U.S and any non EU customers won’t have to pay the tax, so they would be just $1.65. We also do free shipping over £50 (around $70), anywhere in the world!

Regards

Dave
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 11, 2018, Bonz wrote:

Ustaad, this wasn’t a ‘find’, these were a development. I’ve previously developed the heat treated forks, and the Easy Bend Coins which are still available on our website. This was just the next evolution of those.

Thank you for the clarification. And sorry for my ignorance.

Quote:

TheDirectionist, they are so cheap, because I don’t want to rip my customers off! They don’t cost that much to develop because they are brass keys so the annealing process takes far less heat than steel or other metals, therefore less energy costs. Also being brass the oxidisation cleanup is a lot easier than with other metals so less chemicals and again less energy needed. Also, brass being a soft metal, there is less wear and tear on key cutting machine and they are quicker to cut. So I pass on all the savings to you guys.

The benefit to me is because they are cheaper, they become a more viable souvenir handout, the workers for example can afford to add them to their repertoire and use them regularly and therefore we’ll hopefully sell more. Plus we are selling these direct, if they were sold through other dealers or shops then there would be an additional wholesale price and a retail price added on.

I highly admire and appreciate your business ethics. In todays magic business this kind of ethics is very rarely seen. Such business thinking and ethics are mutually beneficial to both, the seller as well as the buyer. People like you are setting an example for others to follow. I see that one will need at least two (one as spare) normal keys and a bunch of bending keys.

On my purchase list.

Wish you good luck.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Thanks for all the kind comments guys,

TheDirectionist, they are so cheap, because I don’t want to rip my customers off! They don’t cost that much to develop because they are brass keys so the annealing process takes far less heat than steel or other metals, therefore less energy costs. Also being brass the oxidisation cleanup is a lot easier than with other metals so less chemicals and again less energy needed. Also, brass being a soft metal, there is less wear and tear on key cutting machine and they are quicker to cut.
So I pass on all the savings to you guys.

Hope all this makes sense 😃

Also guys, these aren’t £1.98, they $1.98, (£1.49), but U.S and any non EU customers won’t have to pay the tax, so they would be just $1.65. We also do free shipping over £50 (around $70), anywhere in the world!

Regards

Dave

Agreed Ustaad. This is amazingly cheap all things considered. I thought it was a typo on their website. Lol.
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
After the key is bended they can not unbend, but can they continue bending on the same direction?
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
467 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I love mine and it’s getting killer reaction.
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Just purchased a bunch. So excited to add this to my close up repertoire!
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
These were less than a pound each the other day and now they've increased in price by 50%!!!
mroek
View Profile
Regular user
180 Posts

Profile of mroek
I went to the website, but it was already out of stock, so it obviously sold out very fast...
Bonz, when do you think you'll have more stock?
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
I am the same, just spotted this but to late. Are more coming?
Bonz
View Profile
Regular user
Twickenham, London, UK
168 Posts

Profile of Bonz
Hey All,

We have sold out of the current batch, but we have 500 more coming in tomorrow and I should be able to finish them by the end of the day, so I've re-enabled them on the website and you can order now.

Quote:
On Mar 11, 2018, Colin (C.J.) wrote:
These were less than a pound each the other day and now they've increased in price by 50%!!!

Colin, yes they were cheaper the other day. If you read the words in big red bold letters on the Easy Bend key product page on the website you'll see exactly why the price went up. It reads the following:

Quote:
Due to unexpected demand, we had run out of the origional keys.

Due to the first batch of keys being donated to us free of charge and ready cut, we were able to sell them at just £0.99 each, but the new batch have been puchased and we will have to cut each key individually ourselves, so the cost of the new keys will now be £1.49 each.

These new keys will also be a very slightly different than the ones in the first video. Check out the video below for more information.

The video can be seen here: https://youtu.be/J2uZztOw-IM if anyone wants to see it.

Quote:
On Mar 11, 2018, hektormagic wrote:
After the key is bended they can not unbend, but can they continue bending on the same direction?

Hektormagic; yes, if they bend just a little bit, they can still bend more. The hardening is done by the molecules being stretched out, so the more you bend, the more they harden.

Ustaad: Thank you for the kind comments! It's the PropDog way! Smile

Dave
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Thanks but this not answer in full. So - if the spectator bend the key in about 90 degrees can he continue later to bend it in the same direction or the key become hard in both directions?
I ask because if you tell to the spectator that you take back his power and he can not unbend the key but if he find that he can still bend it in the same direction so he will understand that he is not “lost” his power to bend the key, but just have a gimmick which is bendable in one direction, which will be sad...

I really like the idea of the key, so most probably will buy a lot, but...
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Easy Bend Keys by PropDog (15 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL