The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Fielding West Self Inflating Balloon Info (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
I will post this in other areas because I'm not sure where to actually post it.

I'm looking for any input or reviews of Fielding West's Self Inflating Balloon from the Greater Magic Video Library Vol. 35 - Comedy Magic before I shell out $30 for this one trick.

I'm wondering if a #260 balloon has to be used or can a round balloon be used.
And would it be able to be done in a walk around/strolling situation or is it mainly for stage/parlor?
Also, if there are any clothing requirements/restrictions.

Thanks.
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
It’s on his L+L set, if you’re going to spend money on anything get that.

You won’t use it for walkaround, and yes its dependent on clothing.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Mick,

Thanks - that's a big help.Really.
My main concern for posting is to see if anyone knows if I can do it in a walkaround/strolling situation. Now I know.

My objective is to find a trick using a balloon because I feel that it will attract attention that I'm about to do something 'magical'.
I'm working on coin in balloon from the Coin Balloon-acy DVD but I'm having trouble with the 'move'.

Much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
Damian
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of Damian
Mick,
If you're drawn to using a balloon in a walk-around environment, check out Pressure (Daniel Garcia, I think), which is an impromptu mobile phone in balloon. It's flashy, easy to do and a crowd pleaser.
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
407 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
Take a look at repAIR by Micheal Kent. It is a torn and restored balloon which is great for walk around. There is some preparation involved but you can set up a few and you will be set.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
I learned Fielding West's self inflating balloon at a lecture about ten years ago. If it's the same method, no, I don't think it would be practical for walk around mainly because there's a very loud noise with it. Even on stage I don't understand how anyone would get away with it. I suppose you could use a round, I don't think that would be a problem.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Fielding West Self Inflating Balloon Info (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL