The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Is there a better packet trick than Royal Scam? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
1953 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Ok, it has been awhile since I have been on the Café.
Nick knows why, but I still perform magic and after doing this effect where you can end up clean as whistle, it just makes me ponder the question....
How can there even be a better packet trick......
So if you think there is, please let us know the trick and why?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2419 Posts

Profile of warren
Personally I prefer Dr Daley's as there is no need for a table, the magic happens in the spectators hands, you finish clean and it's an instant reset.
FrankFindley
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
I have always been most impressed by Daryl's Cardboard Chameleons. It is very much in the same vein.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
1953 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Warren,
Same can be done with the bannon effect where 4 aces change into a royal flush in their hands.
That is pretty strong as well IMHO
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2419 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2018, JSBLOOM wrote:
Warren,
Same can be done with the bannon effect where 4 aces change into a royal flush in their hands.
That is pretty strong as well IMHO

From the demo I saw Bannon perform made me think a table would be needed for Royal Scam.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
576 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2018, FrankFindley wrote:
I have always been most impressed by Daryl's Cardboard Chameleons. It is very much in the same vein.

I want agree here but not sure I can do to the difficulty factor. CC is a hard, hard trick to learn. I practiced for at least 3 to 4 months ( even ordered 3 packs of cards to make my own packets) and just couldn't get the 1st. count down. A WHOLE lot of finesse. A baffling effect tho!
FrankFindley
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2018, Dollarbill wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2018, FrankFindley wrote:

I want agree here but not sure I can do to the difficulty factor. CC is a hard, hard trick to learn. I practiced for at least 3 to 4 months ( even ordered 3 packs of cards to make my own packets) and just couldn't get the 1st. count down. A WHOLE lot of finesse. A baffling effect tho!

Agree 100%. It is definitely 'aspirational' magic. But it is probably the most practical FISM Gold winning routine.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
2760 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
I vote for Royal Scam. Not a debate just a preference as far as executing, reactions and it never gets old.
Why call it common sense when it's so rare ?
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
576 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Thank you Rizzo for getting us back on the op's question..... I think we are all guilty of thread turns.... ha!
Chollet
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I like Dr. Daley’s and Cardwarp. Both are so simple and magical.
FrankFindley
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
I think Royal Scam is a great packet routine. It has a straight forward plot that audiences understand, the movements are natural, and the effects (turning over and transformations) are powerful and include a kicker. There are two reasons I personally consider some others better. One is that there is a logical disconnect in the number of cards presented in the stages (7 vs 8 vs 9). This can potentially tip the method unless the first is covered by a subtlelty (which is easy to do) and the second by patter. The other is that it drags a slight bit in the middle. When one performs it, it feels like there is one too many turn phases. Again patter can help a lot here (eg the common "I can do this all day long") but it is still there. Of course, other performers' mileage may vary.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1728 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I like Dr. Daley too, but my favorite packet trick is Color Monte (which I perform with regular cards).
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
bobmag56
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of bobmag56
Another excellent packet trick is Wild Wild West by Larry West. It uses 10 cards (9 with a blue spot and 1 with a red spot). The routine is about trying to find the red spot card. A portion of the routine shows 9 cards with a red spot and only has a blue spot. Finally, only 5 spot cards are used and they turn into a royal flush.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1758 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
In one sentence, what is the effect of Royal Scam
FrankFindley
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, korttihai_82 wrote:

A packet of identical aces magically turn face up, then face down,four have backs change to different colors, and four have faces change to 10, jack, queen, and king to complete a royal flush.

John Bannon also created a similar effect called Sizzle with a color changing back plot ending with a royal flush reveal.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
576 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, korttihai_82 wrote:

you can youtube it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Is there a better packet trick than Royal Scam? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL