The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twister Flavor by Snake and Tumi Magic (32 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Mine came in s little box but the gimmick looks very good but the video not that great because having to read subtitles. But still easy to figure out what I need to do. Very happy so far.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yeah. The instructions are in Spanish. But I read the subtitles, and it seems he has some pretty cool ideas that will really enhance the effect. However, difficult to follow the subtitles and focus one's eyes on the video part simultaneously.

But I think I can mess around with it and pretty much figure it out on my own.

The best feature of this effect is your ability to actually pass out real, ungimmicked gum at the end.

Without that ability, the trick would be pretty pointless.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Thanks RNK. I'm happy to report mine left HP today and is on its way. When I find out the size of the gum I'll send you some so don't worry about that. I know a store that even sells the old time candy I have not seen in years. We will find something my friend.

Good magic to all,

Eric
blurrylines
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of blurrylines
Bif, make sure you're using a capital O and not a 0 for the URL (I did the same thing)
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Thanks blurrylines Smile. I had been trying that and different characters for a bit. Then I took a long break and just came back and did the same link I had been doing like you mentioned and it finally works. Thanks Again no idea why it was down for me earlier even in IE. Oh well so that;s good getting closer to liking this haha.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Can you adapt the gimmick for your choice of gum or is there only one choice gimmick
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
It is available in either Chiclets or Trident but with some work you could make up the gimmick in just about any type gum you wish.
However, in order to look right the single larger package of gum would need to available to the correct size or close to it.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2018, videoman wrote:
It is available in either Chiclets or Trident but with some work you could make up the gimmick in just about any type gum you wish.
However, in order to look right the single larger package of gum would need to available to the correct size or close to it.

Ok thanks for the reply
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Those three magical words every magician longs to see "Out for delivery" just appeared on my USPS site! I'm also curious to see the Seal the Deal item that was free from HP. So now I patiently await the mail and the call from my wife saying "It has arrived".

Good magic to all,

Eric
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
737 Posts

Profile of egoli
For some reason Penguin has the Chiclets version on sale for $8 less. Also, both versions still show a Pre-Order availability. I just ordered from them and so hopefully the wait will not be too long.

Ed
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Wow! So well worth the wait and the money. I'm glad it was a quick day at work. When my wife called and said "It has arrived" I was on my way home already. I highly recommend watching the video first. I did and was very glad I did so. This is a very well made effect and I'll be giving it the practice it deserves. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys this type of magic.

Good magic to all,

Eric
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
So after having this a bit now I would give it a 6 out of 10. It is fragile being the main reason. It isn't holding up well with minimal practice. I wish they would have used some sort of stronger material since this can't be examined anyway. But very visual and pretty cool.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Agreed that stronger material in construction would be a plus. For that reason I'm not carrying it on my person, because I've not come up with a way to carry in my pockets and not damage it while going about my day. I payed way too much for it to see it flattened out or busted. *sigh*
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I would not carry this either. If I did it would go in my SHIRT pocket. Mine is holding up well. I do put it back in the box when I'm done.

Good magic to all,

Eric
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Shirt pocket is the right choice for it. Mine usually have packet effects in them. Too crowded. Looks like I may have to make a sacrifice.
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Picking mine up tomorrow but curious... once you have it... how hard would a personal rebuild be with stronger material?
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Tomangerry
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Tomangerry
Not too hard to remake with stronger materials if you are reasonably component at gimmick making . I tend to alter or strengthen lots of my gimmicks to suit my needs particularly as a leftie I sometimes have to Tom
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Thanks. The effect looks worth the effort to both guard and if needed remake so we will see how it play out once I get it in hands . ..
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

I would caution on making this with stronger materials. You still need for this to look like packs of gum. If you are able to make this in the first place I say just make them up as you need them with the package of gum to keep it looking as real as possible. It is a very nice effect and worth the time and effort.

Good magic to all,

Eric
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Played with it a few times... if it does break they give you options to deal with it so I feel like that gives you some value and comfort to use the trick and relax about it. Very cool effect. Fun to play with and people will love the effect.
Randy Burtis
www.calgarymagician.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Twister Flavor by Snake and Tumi Magic (32 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL