The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » NFW - how is it holding up? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Wravyn
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thank you Marty, I did a search for just No Joke and also searched under Rick Lax for it. I did not search the NFW. Appreciate your help.
EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
1056 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
Marty, thanks especially for posting those videos of the different handlings - very helpful, and appreciated!

BoardGameGeek reviewer EndersGame - click here to see all my pictorial reviews: => Magic Reviews <==> Playing Card Reviews <==> Board Game Reviews <==

Want me to write a review of your playing cards or magic? Contact me via Private Message.
martyjacobs
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex, UK
1045 Posts

Profile of martyjacobs
No problem, glad I could help. Rick's handlings are worth the entrance fee, I think. The bar handling is particularly useful.

In terms of the original handling, I use a suggestion by Mark Farrar and include an extra Joker:

http://www.markfarrar.co.uk/nfw.htm

This makes the initial display a little easier to perform smoothly. More importantly for me, it leaves the participant with a face-up "leader" Joker in front of them at the end. Using five Jokers also allows me to attach a poker presentation to the trick.

Marty
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
I'd like to point out that Richard sells refills for ACE (which goes for $25) for as little as $13.33 when you buy 3 sets. I think it's really classy for a vendor to take care of the customers who are using their product day-in and day-out with that sort of pricing.

sandersfx.com

Any comments on the relative merits of the adhesive vs the double stick tape?
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
710 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
$13.33 for 3 sets or each? Just curious.
David_MacFarlane
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of David_MacFarlane
I wasn't going to answer, because how hard is it to click thru on the link I provided, but I've learned that there are sections of this bulletin board that I must have 50 posts in order to access, so to clarify, you can buy 3 sets for $40, making it 13.33 per set, basically, half-price.

46 to go... anybody got questions about touring Atlantic Canada in the 90s?
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
710 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2018, David_MacFarlane wrote:
I wasn't going to answer, because how hard is it to click thru on the link I provided, but I've learned that there are sections of this bulletin board that I must have 50 posts in order to access, so to clarify, you can buy 3 sets for $40, making it 13.33 per set, basically, half-price.

46 to go... anybody got questions about touring Atlantic Canada in the 90s?

Man, Sounds like somebody needs a hug......🤦‍♂️🤣.
misterbill
View Profile
Elite user
Bill Thompson
416 Posts

Profile of misterbill
The No Joke videos are still there, if you have ever bought NFW from Penguin, look in your downloadable videos section for NFW and click the green "learn" button.
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
Dollarbill
View Profile
Special user
Colorado
710 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
Quote:
On Sep 11, 2018, misterbill wrote:
The No Joke videos are still there, if you have ever bought NFW from Penguin, look in your downloadable videos section for NFW and click the green "learn" button.

MartyJacobs posted them on the first page of this thread as well. 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » NFW - how is it holding up? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL