The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Review Request - Nightmares by Dead Art Inc (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
Asking for a review for Nightmares by Dead Art Inc.

What the effect is about:
After a story is told, the performer turns around to face away from the sitter and instructs the volunteer to allow themselves to be influenced by the nightmares in ink.
They are to choose one image they feel drawn to, and to place the other five dreams into a pocket, or somewhere else out of sight.
Once they’ve chosen one of these pictures, they hold it concealed between their palms as if in prayerful supplication.
After their card is hidden, the performer leads the sitter through a guided visualization into the imaginary world of dreams.
Here the performer describes a portal, and it is from across this threshold of darkness the sitters chosen entity transgresses into our reality.
The performer describes with eerie and impossible accuracy the exact nightmare the sitter is imagining.

Nightmares uses 6 Handmade and aged nightmare cards, Electronic Gimmick and PDF performance manual.

The effect can be founded at lebanon Circle.

Based on the description of the effect I like it, but expensive. So I would like to read a review or watch a performance video to decide.

Best Regards!
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
I believe it is expensive because it uses electronics to tell which nightmare card is chosen. So, if you like the images/story/theme/etc., then there ya go.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Apr 2, 2018, the Sponge wrote:
I believe it is expensive because it uses electronics to tell which nightmare card is chosen. So, if you like the images/story/theme/etc., then there ya go.

You are correct. The expense is in the electronics required for the effect. I personally like the disturbing images on the cards and since it is artwork by Cody Stoltz, can only imagine the value will increase for collectors in time.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
753 Posts

Profile of Winks
Anyone know the status of Cody? The Dead Arts page has been removed from Lebanon Circle and Cody is apparently neither producing anything, nor is he responding to anyone. This is not looking good for those of us who have ordered his products. Forgive me for asking, but I was burned badly by Roth in the past. Unfortunately, Dan at Lebanon Circle, is caught in the middle if Cody has shut down.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Odd, since he had just helped someone here with a repair to his Spirit prop back in March. I always loved Cody's work and had good service from him.

I suspect there is a personal or health issue, as I wouldn't put him in the same camp as Roth. One may be working on some problems, and the other is just a flat out criminal.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
I have spoke with Cody recently. Cody lives in the middle of nowhere, in Texas, and storms have damaged his internet and shop roof. He is currently working on solving the Nightmare issues and was not aware his page is down and hasn't heard anything from Dan as to why. May just be a technical glitch, since the link is still up, or the page is down until Cody is back on line. Only Dan can answer that question. Hope this relieves some of the anguish some are feeling.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Yes, I’m not jumping to conclusions just yet as I know Cody lives out in the sticks and internet is an issue, but I’ve been unable to contact him via e-mail or telephone. I have a list of customers waiting for order updates, many have requested refunds as I’m unable to give them further information.

As frustrating as it is, I do trust Cody but I myself have had to implement some measures just in case. The amount of refund requests is crippling business but I have a glimmer of hope that this is just a hiccup due to location and weather. Cody and I have a mutual respect as producers and he has delivered in the past without any issues.

Those who have requested refunds will be sorted ASAP. Please do not raise a dispute with Paypal as this is a last resort for people who can’t resolve issues with the retailer. Raising disputes is bad for business and customer service has always been my top priority.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Quote:
On Apr 28, 2018, weepinwil wrote:
I have spoke with Cody recently. Cody lives in the middle of nowhere, in Texas, and storms have damaged his internet and shop roof. He is currently working on solving the Nightmare issues and was not aware his page is down and hasn't heard anything from Dan as to why. May just be a technical glitch, since the link is still up, or the page is down until Cody is back on line. Only Dan can answer that question. Hope this relieves some of the anguish some are feeling.

Tried to PM you Weepinwil but your inbox has maxed out I think. Do you have a contact telephone number for Cody, I have one but it’s not connecting, I need to see if there’s a different one. Please pm me if you can.

Thanks in advance.

Darkly

Dan
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
PM sent Dan. Sorry about the full inbox. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny how Rick's past actions have affected current trust on the Café. Because internet is down, Cody has no idea what is going on.

As a side note, I have something coming from California that is delayed 4 days so far, possibly because of the same weather. No updates from the USPS. May be the same storm situations.
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
I've ordered Nightmares, as I ordered all of the other pieces Cody has sold through Lebanon. Based upon that past level of service, and the quality of the items, I'm content to wait for a while yet. I'm sure it'll turn up and be well worth it. He does point out in the description to allow a month or so before dispatch since they're individually handmade to order. I'll be patient a while yet.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
I think ManxBull is correct in being positive and patient. Nightmare does state that you should allow a month approx before dispatch. I now have Cody's correct number (the one I had was out by one digit) and I will attempt to call him later and hopefully return with good news.

Wizard of Oz is also correct in that the Bizarre retail sector has become tainted by the actions of Roth and Outlaw, if an order is more than a few weeks late people start to get twitchy, demand refunds and are less inclined to part with their money until braver folk have taken the plunge first. The Paypal disputes and refunds I have issued on behalf of Cody over the last week all quoted 'I've been ripped off by Outlaw in the past and I'm not risking another situation like that'.

Firstly, it offends me that anyone would place my customer service and business in the same boat as Outlaw, even though Cody is not Lebanon Circle, I still take responsibility for him as he is a producer on my site.

I do trust him and I'm sure this is a temporary issue that people my need to ride out for a few weeks. If in the unlikely chance the outcome is negative I will take the financial hit, refund everyone who has not received goods and go down the legal routes necessary to recoup my funds. All producers are aware of this before they sign up with Lebanon Circle, I give people a platform to sell their work globally, but don't mess me around or the blow torch and pliers come out.

Positive thoughts everyone...
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3828 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Perhaps a quote from "Shallowwater Murphey" would be appropriate here: "Things take longer and cost more than you expect and if anything can go wrong it will!"
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I would trust Dan implicitly to deliver the goods or resolve the issue in a professional manner. Looks like this is due to events beyond everyone’s control, These things happen and I would urge those who have ordered to give Dan a chance to sort it out and be patient.
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
Http://www.wsfa.com/story/37761953/jacks......g-storms

There have been multiple days of severe weather in the last month. It's Spring in Texas.............
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
I called Cody yesterday and had a good chat and everything is fine, well sort of.

Due to the storms he has lost part of his workshop roof which he is currently fixing, he’s also been unable to make it into town as his wife is visiting her parents and has the car.

He as assured me that orders will start to roll out again shortly. Some are even packed and ready to ship, he just needs to get into town.

As I’ve always said, I trust Cody and sometimes life deals us a bad hand so in light of this we all need to be patient and let him get back on track.

As soon as the backlog of orders are shipped Cody’s items will be back up on the LC site.

I will be sending out a personal email update to all customers with outstanding orders later today. If you have requested a refund and still wish me to process it then I am willing to do that for you but those who are happy to wait then I thank you for your patience.

Darkly

Dan
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Cody has always been good by me. Very sorry to hear about the setbacks. This winter has been brutal, and I don't think we can underestimate the hassle and work that goes into repairing the damage wrought by this year's glut of nature's wrath. Get your home and family working Cody. That's first and foremost. And thank you Dan, as usual, for proving to be one of the most dependable and trustworthy sellers in our little dark world.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Stoltz
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of Stoltz
Hello everyone, just thought I would give you all an update.

Unfortunately this was a rough setback, but things are getting back on track.
All Nightmare orders to date have been posted and many should already be arriving.
Hopefully you guys like them as much as I do.

I really want to thank everyone for their patience and understanding.
This is a really small community, and your support means the world to me.
Not many places exist with people as fun and interesting as this one.

If anyone has any questions, my email is shin.13x@gmail.com
Feel free to ask for my phone number too, I'm handing it out like candy on Halloween.

With much love,
-Cody.
ManxBull
View Profile
Regular user
Isle of Man
116 Posts

Profile of ManxBull
Thanks, Cody, looking forward to receiving mine. The artwork on these in the photos is really disturbing, and I can't wait to get my hands on the real things and seriously creep people out with them. All of the things you've sold through Lebanon Circle have been so easy to perform, but so genuinely unnerving. Sorry to hear about the setback, but I've been happy to wait. Some things are worth waiting for!
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
All the best Cody, well done for literally weathering the storm. Glad Dan didn’t have to resort to the blowtorch and pliers:)
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Cody’s products are now back up on the Lebanon Circle site also!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Review Request - Nightmares by Dead Art Inc (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL