The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GRIPT by Kyle Elder - anti gravity liquid! (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney

Youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_ZWu0WA5

Add copy says this ....

Have you ever wanted a reliable method to produce a full glass of liquid without any fear of spillage?
We are extremely excited to be able to offer this incredible new product.

GRIPT is a reliable way to seal any glass of liquid for various productions.
GRIPT provides a super strong air tight pressurized seal, yet releases quickly and effortlessly
GRIPT will accommodate any size glass between 2.5inch to 4inch diameter.
GRIPT requires no special glass.
GRIPT is versatile, use any shape glass, circle, oval, square etc.
GRIPT can be used with warm or ice cold liquid and condensation will not affect it.
GRIPT will work with carbonated liquid.
GRIPT is reusable and will last a long time.

We truly believe that this is the best gimmick to produce any glass of liquid that we have seen in years.

You are supplied with 2 GRIPT Gimmicks and download tutorial.

And it's HOW MUCH? $25
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
297 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
I just picked one up at Hocus-Pocus, and let me tell you GRIPT lives up to the ad copy! So far I've tried this on a wine glass, champagne flute, rock glass, and a pilsner glass, all with zero spillage or leaks. The gimmick is tough as nails, yet easy to use. This is definitely a great utility device, and I can't wait to start using it in my show! If you're looking to produce a glass of liquid, GRIPT is the way to go!
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Demo looks good.
How hard is it to remove the gimmick? Looks like it can be done with only one hand, correct?
Any comments on ease of cleanup afterwards?
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
119 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Hello MagicallyMe,
The gimmick is super easy to remove and is done with one hand. I show 2 ways to remove it, both with one hand, which one depends on how you want to produce the glass. The clean up is easy. one of the ways I teach to remove the gimmick, literally delivers the gimmick right into your palm, and its compressible and easy to hide in one hand. If you watch the demo video I shot you will see me pull out the large mug of Real Beer and show the paper bag empty. That is because the gimmick is actually hidden in my hand that is holding mug handle.
I have been keeping this to myself for the past few years and it has never failed me.
Let me know if you have any other questions I am happy to answer them and help any way I can.
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Thank you Kyle. I’m sold!
Tempesta
View Profile
Elite user
USA
404 Posts

Profile of Tempesta
When will this be available? Where to buy?
//Sean Beard
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
I purchasesd mine from Hocus Pocus already
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Just watched the instructional video - this is going to revolutionize the picnic industry !!!! Kyle you need to market these to Bed Bath and Beyond !!!!
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
119 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Hello everybody,

Tempesta- as of right now they are only available through Hocus Pocus or myself. Hocus Pocus is your best bet as they are running an introductory special for only $20. I’ll leave the links below.

David Kenney- first of all thank you for posting the add copy here and I look forward to seeing your review on GRIPT. My industry is Magic lol, though I do love bed bath and beyond, I would not want hem selling these as I want them be recognized by magicians.

This gimmick came about for the best reason, to solve a problem I was having. I was at the time performing a routine in my show that required a full wine glass to be sealed. I was using the balloon method and always worried it would fail. I did have it fail a couple times. I tried many things and what is now GripT is the best solution I could come up with. I worked direct with a manufacture to request a specific size that would be perfect for us magicians. I used them for the past 3 years. This year word got around my local magic community that I had the best solution they had seen to seal and produce glasses of liquid, and it wasn’t until people started offering to buy them off me before I decided to share and put in on the market. I appreciate the positive response and have enjoyed working on the project and look forward to seeing what other magicians out there come up with using GripT.

Links
https://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/index.cfm?p=47600

http://magicofelder.com/store/p5/GRIPT_by_Kyle_Elder.html
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Would this work with shot glasses as well?
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2871 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
SUPER COOL!!!!
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
119 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Senno52- unfortunately this isn’t ideal for a shot glass. A standard shot glass is a little to small for GripT. The best size is roughly 2.5 in. to just over 4in. There’s a little wiggle room there. If you are looking to seal a shot glass I would recommend Scott Alexander’s Sure Shot. It works great and Scott is a great guy. The Sure Shot and Bog Shot gimmicks are limited more to a round shape but if a shot glass is what you need it’s the way to go. I am planning on seeing my optio. With my manufacturer as far as smaller sizes go to see if it’s possible for the future.

Greg- I’m a big fan of your work and own most of your apps. I’m happy to hear you think it’s Super Cool. Thank you.

-Kyle Elder
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Thanks for the info
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Any plans for a champagne / shot glass version?
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
119 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
I would love to make that happen. As of right now not yet. I will certainly look into it and see if I can make it happen.
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
119 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Im going to hide this here for a lucky 5 people to discover for fun.

Café Special!!! The first 5 people to enter coupon code Café25 will get 25% off their order!
http://magicofelder.com/store/c3/Magic_o......ons.html
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Can a glass be put into a bag then turned?
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
119 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Absolutely. Once’s the gimmick is placed on the glass correctly you can’t shake it off if you tried too. Quick pull of a tab and it releases.
Here is a strait demo showing exactly that
https://youtu.be/vLC6rzqOdI4

2 Café specials left!!
bobgill
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of bobgill
Like many of you over the years I have bought many glass gimmicks to facilitate the production of a glass of real wine. These have ranged from the good to the bad to the downright ugly.

As a performer you have to have complete and utter confidence in the gimmick to be happy to include it in your programme.

I must say that having spotted this on the Café Forum I contacted Kyle and bought a couple. They are the very best covers I've handled, by a nautical mile.

Not only is the seal of the liquid completely foolproof, but his clever design means that peeling off the cover is so-o-o-o foolproof.

As to the glasses it works with: the diameter of the gimmick is 2.75 inches. Because the seal necessitates stretching the gimmick, this suggests glasses of 3 inches or more are suitable. This embraces wine glasses and tumblers. Not pint glasses (too large) or shot glasses (too small).
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
119 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Hello everyone,
First off I wanted to thank Bob Gill for his very kind words about GripT. Bob I’m glad you are enjoying it and thank you for your kind support.
I do want to clarify one thing though, it is true that shot glasses are too small for GripT to work, but pint glasses are not to big. They work great actually. I have even used GripT with a desert dish with a stem, that had a diameter of about 4.25 inches and it worked fine. I also have used a Martini fglass successfully and they are typically larger then a pint glass on diameter.

P.S The Café special deal has 1 left to go the first 4 have already shipped out.
Coupon code Café25
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » GRIPT by Kyle Elder - anti gravity liquid! (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL