The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Spelmann at BGT - FANTASTIC (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
truman
View Profile
Special user
633 Posts

Profile of truman
Quote:
On Apr 19, 2018, mindpunisher wrote:
I doubt hes worried about being seen as a genuine psychic.

He's most certainly not worried about that. I would suppose, however, that he has a clear inner dialogue about which mental ability he's demonstrating for entertainment purposes.
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2575 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
This was a performance for the ages. It was profound. It put thngs in perspective.

Those who are nitpicking trivialities (such as which abilities were being demonstrated) are, in their own way, helping to make Marc's point. These are the silly little things that concern us until life comes along, kicks us in the stomach, and shows us what really matters. Pay close attention to what Marc said:

"Now, if I told you that I knew this exact outcome yesterday, a week ago, or a month ago, you'd say, 'Well, that would have to be magic.' Some people would. But it's not real magic. It's interesting. Intriguing. Maybe clever. Some might even say 'amazing.' But it's not real magic. See, for me, 'real magic' changed two years ago. This, to me, is real magic..."
truman
View Profile
Special user
633 Posts

Profile of truman
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Those who are nitpicking trivialities (such as which abilities were being demonstrated) are, in their own way, helping to make Marc's point.

Or rather having a conversation about a specific point... nitpicking trivialities?
RedDevil
View Profile
Inner circle
Deep South
1089 Posts

Profile of RedDevil
Always been a fan and admirer of Marc’s. Was so proud to see him represent us so well. Best to you, sir!
T.I.T.E.!
http://reddevilmentalism.blogspot.com

F-F-U-L-Ri-F-F-Li-R-U-F-F
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2575 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, truman wrote:
Quote:
Those who are nitpicking trivialities (such as which abilities were being demonstrated) are, in their own way, helping to make Marc's point.

Or rather having a conversation about a specific point... nitpicking trivialities?

Yes. Nitpicking trivialities.

There are more important things in life than magic tricks.

That was kind of the point.
truman
View Profile
Special user
633 Posts

Profile of truman
Quote:
Yes. Nitpicking trivialities.

There are more important things in life than magic tricks.

That was kind of the point.

We're in a forum dedicated to the "general discussion of mentalism." Discouraging that discussion to teach life lessons instead doesn't seem to be in the spirit of where this conversation is taking place.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6107 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
This isn't a general discussion though. Its a discussion about a very specific and unique act perfect for BGT. I don't think it discourages anyone to talk about any aspect of Mentalism as all areas have been covered. I think it makes us look deeper at why this worked for BGT. Everybody's post in this thread is valid. People can take what they want and leave what they don't from any one of them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Marc Spelmann at BGT - FANTASTIC (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL