The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini: The Royal Touch available PDF (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
The most influential book for me on Street Magic is by far, Cellini: The Royal Touch.

FYI, this great book is available for download (German or English) at..... Lybrary.com

Also available is Horbi Kull vids (in German)

I am old school, and love the physical book, but for you younger lads out there, this is a GREAT read/download.

Totally highest recommendation must-have for the aspiring street performer.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1034 Posts

Profile of Chris
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
639 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
For me (not that I am alone, but I can only speak for myself), Cellini was the greatest magician of his generation.

This book, while it documents so much of his thinking and creations, is but a part of why I (we) feel that way.

It is nonetheless a master’s piece, a lifetime of real, practical magic. Deserving every true magicians attention.
drmolarmagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn NY
54 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Hi, I just logged into the Café and read your post and checked out the site.....I agree with you and I bought the book from Lybrary.com
Its downloading as I type!
thanks for the reference....(I look forward to checking out other books on that site.)
If you're a busker, anything related to Cellini is mandatory reading....
Bruce
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
880 Posts

Profile of Riley
Just got it this morning. A wonderful book by a Master.
gallagher
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Seeing this Thread,
it pushes me to ask:
Who is/was E. M. McFalls?

He is actually credited with writing the book.

It's an interesting Thread,
because,...
Eric Evans, the Illustrater of the book,
has posted(!).

AND Chris Wasshuber, e-book publisher,
has posted(!..!).
Chris is 'warmly inspired' to undercover the author of another magical classic.

While we're all here,..
Who is E. M. McFalls?

thank you,
gallagher

p.s.:... great book(!), by the way!
...except for the illustrations..... 😋
Riley
View Profile
Special user
Darlington UK
880 Posts

Profile of Riley
Gallagher has reminded me...I forgot to say ...the illustrations are brilliant, too. Smile
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
639 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Thanks Riley! They were a labor of love. As to E.M. McFalls, I’m not at liberty to divulge thier identity but I do feel free to say that they were at one time, very close to Cellini and had his confidence.
tommeepickles
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
152 Posts

Profile of tommeepickles
$60 for a PDF? That bytes.
Stperformer
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of Stperformer
Well over 20 years ago, I was in an Amsterdam hostel and this lad shows me a pic he just got developed of a Street Magician in Amsterdam. I so wish I had this picture today. It showed this magician with cards surrounded by smiling & laughing people. It was an awesome pic that showed a master at his craft. He said the magician had an Italian name and looking at the picture I thought he could be a Gypsy.

I never met or saw Celini. But when I got rumor of a book being released in Switzerland around '97 by a Street Magician named Celini, I knew I had to get it. I wrote and phoned every contact I had in Zurich til I finally tracked down a copy. To this day it has been the most influential book on magic I own. Not just the tricks, but the whole feel & philosophy of the art of Street Magic.
The writings, illustrations, pictures, all combine to make this my absolute favorite.

IMHO the book is priceless.
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1034 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On May 1, 2018, tommeepickles wrote:
$60 for a PDF? That bytes.

Unless you are buying books for the paper, glue, and ink, the thing you are after is the information shared in those books. If it is the information you are seeking it shouldn't matter if it is a PDF or a printed book. The PDF is a lot cheaper than the printed version, and has several other benefits. Overall in terms of what you will learn from this PDF it may very well be the best $60 you have ever spent on anything magic.
gallagher
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Chris,
is there any chance of getting
'The Dreamer's Highway',
also by Jim Cellini,
up as well?
drmolarmagic
View Profile
New user
Brooklyn NY
54 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
I printed it out to read in paper form (I like the feel of a book) for this tome....$60 is a good deal
should be mandatory read for any one interested in Busking
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1034 Posts

Profile of Chris
Quote:
On May 2, 2018, gallagher wrote:
Hey Chris,
is there any chance of getting
'The Dreamer's Highway',
also by Jim Cellini,
up as well?

The copyrights for this are owned by a different person and I have not yet been able to make contact, let alone find out if a deal is possible. Fingers crossed.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini: The Royal Touch available PDF (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL