The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Walk around bottle production (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Hi,

does anyone have tips or resources for what to do with a bottle after it's produced during walk around or table hopping? Do you tend to go hide and reset? Subtely put bottle into back pocket or something? I'm thinking about a beer bottle sized bottle. Any pointers or tips are appreciated? thanks

best,
Joe
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Look up David Stone, Etienne Pradier, Michael Ammar, The Flicking Fingers Dvd. These guys come to mind who have
resources for bottle productions and easy resets.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Thanks, I'm aware of most of those you mentioned, I'll check the others. And I know they have good resets. What I'm thinking about is, say, after you produce the bottle and go on to work another table, what are some ways to deal with the bottle then- either vanish or in their face reset or some 'bits of business' subtleties? Hope that clarifies.

Joe
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
That is such a strong piece of Magic that doing it over and over would seem to weaken it. Some things are best just for the host or just once when the situation is optimal.

-Mary Mowder
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2018, Mary Mowder wrote:
That is such a strong piece of Magic that doing it over and over would seem to weaken it. Some things are best just for the host or just once when the situation is optimal.

-Mary Mowder

Wise words. For me personally it's a top table, bookers table effect... or a nice bit to do for the whole room.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I don't understand. As far as the people are concerned they have no idea how many times you do anything. How can something be diminished?

Also doing something for only the bookers is ab trap you should not fall into in my opinion. Most of the time they want the guests having fun.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Thanks for the thoughts, definitely something to consider.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
To be clear, I meant just for the host and a group with them. I like Dominic's take on a good use of this type trick.

I think Shawn Farquhar's "Torn 2 Pieces" is a good example. I don't do this but it is a good example. Done once this is a fun miracle and real stunner. Done twice at the same event, I think it would lose strength (even using another photo).

I do lots of tricks over and over at a strolling gig but there are some that I would do only once.

-Mary Mowder
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I knew what you meant, I just don't understand the theory.

It is just different then my way of thinking. It is perfectly valid and absolutely correct for your style. That is what is wonderful about art.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
I do a bottle production for coin in bottle for strolling. I literally just put it back in place while walking to the next group. The longer I have performed for laymen, I have stopped caring about certain things. At least that how it has been for me. Even if another person across the room sees you do that, if you're good at the production, they won't put two and two together on how it was produced. My mentor taught me that, and it has worked for me. If you're worried about it, just step behind a wall or something like that and put it back into place.

I used to work at a magic shop and we would test out the boldest things on people. I remember one time a guy called me out for using a TT. So I went into a second phase, vanishing the silk in a TT, then I put my hand on a guys shoulder, as I had him focus on the other hand slowly opening showing the silk has vanished. At the same time I dropped the loaded TT in the guy's upper shirt pocket. Then I showed him both hands empty, no TT or FT, no sleeves. Then I reached into his upper shirt pocket and produced the silk, at the same time stealing the TT.

I also remember vanishing coins, and muscle passing them into spectator's upper shirt pockets. Those were the days.

Sometimes, you just do things and not care. If you get caught, so what. Just my 2 cents.
senno52
View Profile
Regular user
new york
161 Posts

Profile of senno52
Thanks for the insight from your experience. That's a bit of what I was hoping to hear.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2018, Aaron Smith Magic wrote: The longer I have performed for laymen, I have stopped caring about certain things.

I'm sorry but I had to report this to the moderators for being brilliant.

It is the answer to almost every question people have. No kidding.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Aaron Smith Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1447 Posts

Profile of Aaron Smith Magic
Thank you my friend. It's a level of thinking that comes from actually getting out there and performing for real people. Not YouTube. Not the magic club. Not for your friends from the Café. Get out there and do it, and all your questions will answer themselves.
AJ MAJIC
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of AJ MAJIC
Amen brother....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Walk around bottle production (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL