The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope switcher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

asimagu
View Profile
New user
Spain
3 Posts

Profile of asimagu
Hi friends

Does anyone know of any rope switcher device?? I would like to do a routine with two ropes, first I would do a trick with the first "normal" rope and then I would end my routine with the help of a gimmicked rope. I would need to switch them at some stage, of course.... So I thought that in the same way that some people marketed some card decks switchers, maybe there is something there in the market to switch two ropes....

any help and comments will be much appreciated Smile
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
2745 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
In Spellbinder's "Anti-Mirror Glass" e-Book in The Wizards' Journal # 16, he included his "TIPS" jar that Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki used in his rope act for switching ropes. The idea is that you collect bits of rope from a cut and restored rope trick in the TIPS jar, since you don't seem to have much luck collecting money, and in the course of using it, you can switch one rope for another.

It also helps that TIPS is SPIT spelled backwards, which adds some humor to the act! When the jar is turned around, you can see the word SPIT bleeding through the paper label on the front of the jar, and also see that the jar is empty (or just has a few rope bits in it). You can buy the jar in a Dollar Store and gimmick it yourself per instructions in the e-Book.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope switcher (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL