We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Testimonial Protocol (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Cleverpaws
View Profile
New user
Northern California
91 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Mindpro said "This discussion was becoming quite jilted and began to offer opinions as facts. A lot of opinions offered here. The point is what Cleverpaws and the guy that calls himself Fabulous refers to is simply not the same thing as the OP and others have been discussing. The outcome, intent and purpose are completely different."

Looking at the OP and what he said:

"About 6 weeks ago a client from a prestigious venue sent me an email and said some very nice things about my show.
Rather than just come out an ask if it would be okay to use this, I thought about just putting it on my website.
Is there anything wrong with this approach?
Gerry"

I think my "opinion" is quite valid. Gerry asked if there was anything wrong with posting a testimonial. I offered that there is nothing wrong if you simply anonymize the testimonial. Perhaps I should have responded "yes that is wrong" and not offered any opinion. But then again, I thought that's what this whole forum is about. Feel free to clarify. I do have 8,554 less posts than you.
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
8794 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On May 25, 2018, Cleverpaws wrote:

I think my "opinion" is quite valid. Gerry asked if there was anything wrong with posting a testimonial. I offered that there is nothing wrong if you simply anonymize the testimonial. Perhaps I should have responded "yes that is wrong" and not offered any opinion. But then again, I thought that's what this whole forum is about. Feel free to clarify. I do have 8,554 less posts than you.

Sure. You can think your opinion is as valid as you want, but it still is not the same thing at all. You are saying to change the testimonial to be anonymous. That wasn't what he was asking he was asking can I post the given testimonial, meaning with the person's and company's name as they provided it to him. They offered a testimonial. As-is, not changing it - two different things.

Anyone can make anything anonymous, but what effect would it have? The intent becomes different. It loses its meaning and intent.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
New user
Northern California
91 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Mindpro: Next time before I reply to a posting I'll be sure to PM you and run my answer by you. We sure wouldn't want to have any varied opinions (different than yours) on a forum like this.
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Special user
599 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Quote:
Mindpro: Next time before I reply to a posting I'll be sure to PM you and run my answer by you. We sure wouldn't want to have any varied opinions (different than yours) on a forum like this.

Yes you"ll want to run everything by him if you want to be able to post in this and some other forums unmolested. Your solution of anonymous attributions would work well and officiate the personal problem of using names. Pay no mind to those who can't see past there own selves. It's just insecurity that keeps them closed to other's thoughts.
To hate those who hate is righteous.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19041 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:

You had a solution and a work around. Maybe it would work, maybe not.

My opinion is it wouldn't work for me.

Let's all (yes ALL) NOT not this devolve into typical nonsense. Just once let's keep this adult. Not directing that at ANYONE specifically, but at all of us in general.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Testimonial Protocol (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL