The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic vs rubberband (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
407 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
I am looking to replace coins and never bought magnetic working ones. is there an advantage to them other than the replacement of the rubber bands? are the feel the same? do they hold up? thanks
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Can you clarify? I don't understand how a coin being magnetic would have any effect on replacing rubber bands (assuming it's the type of coin that might need a rubber band - flipper, folder, etc.)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I'm a bit lost, too. Magnetic vs friction (scotch and soda, etc...) I know, and I know rubber bands vs the new 'space age' elastic. Joe, did you perhaps type the incorrect item category? Or maybe you know something I don't (entirely possible! Smile ).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Inviso
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Inviso
Perhaps he is trying to compare split vs flipper.
They aren't interchangeable but either could be used in some specific cases.

Randy
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
407 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
I am sorry, I was referring to flipper coins. I have never bought a magnetic flipper coin and was just curious on how they hold up or if the feel is different. Again sorry. After reading my post, it didn't make sense.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 14, 2018, A Show By Joe wrote:
I am sorry, I was referring to flipper coins. I have never bought a magnetic flipper coin and was just curious on how they hold up or if the feel is different. Again sorry. After reading my post, it didn't make sense.

I PM'd a VERY detailed explanation of band vs cord, mag vs gravity as well as sources for them. This way a lot of "secrets" will not have to be gone over in the public forum. If it answers your questions, let us know. As well as if you have any more questions (or I missed the point). Smile
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Since we are in the topic of bands, I have a couple of bands to replace, and the bands I have (old and from unknown source) are not a fit. I can fit them, but there is always a little bulge in one side and the coin does not fit where it needs to go.

Can someone point me to a good source for bands? one is for a folding, the other one for a magnetic flipper.

Thanks
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
407 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
Thank you so much Poof-Daddy! I appreciate that!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On May 15, 2018, marc_carrion wrote:
Since we are in the topic of bands, I have a couple of bands to replace, and the bands I have (old and from unknown source) are not a fit. I can fit them, but there is always a little bulge in one side and the coin does not fit where it needs to go.

Can someone point me to a good source for bands? one is for a folding, the other one for a magnetic flipper.

Thanks

Orthodontist offices are a local source. Normally they just give a bag of bands to folks who need them re: braces, so their brains short circuit when I tell them I just want to buy a bag. Often, they'll just tell me to take one! Of course, you'll need to know the size you need.

Lot's of online places that sell bands, and they're listed by use - for quarters, halves...
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2351 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:

Thanks

See my comment here for an alternative to rubber bands.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=20#2
marc_carrion
View Profile
Special user
638 Posts

Profile of marc_carrion
Quote:
On May 15, 2018, inigmntoya wrote:
Quote:

Thanks

See my comment here for an alternative to rubber bands.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=20#2

Thanks!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Magnetic vs rubberband (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL