The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revive - Ultra visual, super practical, 360degree Torn & Restored (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Looks great, but the arts and crafts is too time consuming. You'll have to make a new one for each performance. So you'll probably want to make up multiple gimmicks.

Also you'll need to have another gimmicked card to perform this. Some will have this available at home. If you don't you'll have to buy it from a magic shop.

This looks great. I will make one and try it out to see if the reactions are worth the hassle of making these.
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Can the card be signed at the beginning of the trick (right after it is chosen)?
JasonL2112
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of JasonL2112
1 - this is fully covered in the instruction. The spectator / friend / enemy / whomever you perform it on will be left with an impossible (given the scenario) souvenir.

2 - Obviously haven't made this up yet, but given whats at play, I personally have absolutely no reservations. This is all very well thought out.

I don't find myself saying this very often, but if you're interested buy it.

Quote:
On May 16, 2018, magic_tony wrote:
2 questions:

Is there any trace of the 'gimmick' left under the staples after the restoration?
Does the gimmick look good enough for this to be done in full daylight to sober spectators?

It looks ace in the trailer!
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1117 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, fab1an wrote:
Can the card be signed at the beginning of the trick (right after it is chosen)?

The card has to be signed after the card's been torn.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, GeraintClarke wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, Mr. E. Casey wrote:
I'm still waiting for an uncut performance. This might just be the best T&R I've seen. Don't mind constructing gimmicks. Actually, I enjoy it.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3hNCLM5GrY

It's unlisted for now, so please don't share it outside of this forum.

- G

now that is a set of strong reeactions! WOW
fab1an
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of fab1an
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, itsmagic wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up! But I guess that the halves also have to be stapled together before the signatures are being put on, right?
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, JasonL2112 wrote:
As a matter of a fact, if one were to get creative you probably don't even need to do that step.

Thinking the same thing, and I'm brainstorming...
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, itsmagic wrote:
Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up! But I guess that the halves also have to be stapled together before the signatures are being put on, right?

Correct
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
This is awesome.

I really love it. I’ll post a full review tonight. It’s a little time consuming to make, but dang the final gimmick looks SO GOOD. It is incredibly convincing. The most convincing of the type I’ve ever seen. It is impossible to tell it’s gimmicked. I have no doubt that the spectators will have visceral reactions like in the trailer. I’ll be making this up for SURE.

Madison
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
One of my friends got this and I had the opportunity to watch the video. We also put in some time and efforts in making our first couple of gimmicks. A note on the so called gimmick. Well I won't call it a gimmick but rather term it as a pseudo-gimmick. In the teaching video, while explaining the preparation of the pseudo gimmick, one would feel that it needs quite a bit of effort and is time consuming to make the gimmick. But practically once you learn the mechanics and have the supplies ready (a magician worth his salt, will have these supplies), it is quite quick and easy to prepare a bunch of these gimmick. For every performance you will need a gimmick (pseudo gimmick).

I must say that the thinking gone behind creating this effect is very clever and ingenious. It's a very nice variant to all those usual Torn-n-Restored card effects out there. No palming, no angles restrictions, nothing of that sort is involved - It's a simple, easy and straight forward effect. All it needs from you is a little of your time and effort for preparing the gimmick. That's it! And you will have in your arsenal one of the simplest T&R card effect with great WOW factor coupled with a surprise ending. The spectator who gets the restored card to keep as a souvenir, will remember YOU and this effect for times to come. 'Revive', is certainly a very practical, easy to do and workable effect for the real world. The teaching on the video goes through each step in a very systematic and logical manner.

I gave this effect a try and it played very well. The unexpected surprise ending coupled with great WOW factor simply kills.

Recommended. My personal opinion please. Other's opinion may vary.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Is the gimmick similar to the gimmick used in Dave forest's "Damage"?

Kieran
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, magicman29 wrote:

Kieran

Did you even watch the demo of Revive?
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:

Kieran

While similar, this effect is a much better progression of that idea. The concept is similar, but the gimmick is vastly different which allows for MUCH cleaner handling and a much more convincing gimmick.

And obviously, the routine is VASTLY different. I much prefer this one.

Madison
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, Mr. E. Casey wrote:
Quote:

Kieran

Did you even watch the demo of Revive?

Yes, hence why I asked the question.

Kieran
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On May 16, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
Quote:

Kieran

While similar, this effect is a much better progression of that idea. The concept is similar, but the gimmick is vastly different which allows for MUCH cleaner handling and a much more convincing gimmick.

And obviously, the routine is VASTLY different. I much prefer this one.

Madison

Thanks Madison.

Kieran
Mr. E. Casey
View Profile
New user
Bay Area, California
64 Posts

Profile of Mr. E. Casey
Quote:

Yes, hence why I asked the question.

Kieran

My fault; I misread your question. Sorry. I agree with Madison on this one. The way the gimmick is made is very different and much improved, I might add.
Axman
View Profile
Elite user
402 Posts

Profile of Axman
This is brilliant.
kidnapped1853
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of kidnapped1853
Looking forward to experimenting with this. Thanks for all the info and insights!
btwigg
View Profile
Loyal user
Sacramento, CA USA
204 Posts

Profile of btwigg
Torched and Restored is my go to. For those of you that have both, would you trade up Torch and Restored for this version of TnR?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
This is incredibly clever. Method and routine combine in just a lovely, lovely way.

'Arts and crafts' used are minimal, and *very* easy to accomplish - plus, you learn a skill during the process that many would never learn, otherwise. After a couple of times working with it you can easily set up your own little assembly line to make multiple gaffs fairly rapidly if you set up the tasks right.

Hats off and congratulations to Duane!
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Revive - Ultra visual, super practical, 360degree Torn & Restored (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..13~14~15 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL