The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mistakes to avoid (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Al Schneider
View Profile
V.I.P.
A corn field in WI surrounded by
1080 Posts

Profile of Al Schneider
I once had a chat with Lance Burton about mirrors. Lance is a very dedicated guy and works hard at whatever he does. While practicing his dove work, he used a mirror a lot. All of this work caused him to stare at his moves in the mirror. That carried over to his performance. It appeared as a stare into nothing look. Some told him about it. He said he felt bad about that and thought of somehow changing it. Then he was told it gave him an eerie undertaker look that appeared mysterious. I do not know what happened after that as my conversation with him was at the beginning of his career.

To handle some of this, I would set a teddy bear on the other side of the table and perform for it. I had trouble with video cameras because the time to rewind and view was long. That made practice unbearable. Today, this is helped by connecting a camera to a laptop and running without tape. RAM devices do not need rewind time.

During my career in magic I went to magic conventions and sold books. I demonstrated material all day long. I could easily do a show a hundred times in a day. When you do magic to pay the rent, that kind of effort is easy
Magic Al. Say it fast and it is magical.
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Someone suggested--I can't remember who--that you film your act from behind you so that you can see and learn from the reactions of the audience. Sounded like an interesting idea.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Mistakes to avoid (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL