The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SvenAgain Reusable Svengali Book or Pad Set by Sven Lee (71 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Sven Lee has upped his game!
This is a Svengali pad or book with some great features.
A) low bleed rates. I have tested this and I couldn't see any bleeding that can kinda give away the secret.
B) it's reusable, that means you can change your forces. This is really cool as it give you the option to set it up for a specific effect and later on erase it and use it for something else (obviously I'm not implying that you can do this on the go)
It comes in 2 styles

Pad https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61813
Book https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=61814

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just to point out that ANY sv*ngali treated pad is reusable if you use a frixion ink marker...

or pencil...

you can buy frixion ink markers in a wide variety of colours these days...that way you are just erasing the !@#$e words, and you can use different coloured inks too obviously...

Smile
I've asked to be banned
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
These look pretty good actually.
deanr201
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of deanr201
Nice idea and great the fact it says you can use a normal sharpie on it.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 21, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Just to point out that ANY sv*ngali treated pad is reusable if you use a frixion ink marker...

or pencil...

you can buy frixion ink markers in a wide variety of colours these days...that way you are just erasing the !@#$e words, and you can use different coloured inks too obviously...

Smile

Very good point and ideas Iain.
D Whitton
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of D Whitton
This looks like a great innovation. I have 2 of Brett’s Sven Pads and I’d love to be able to erase and rewrite the forces rather than buy new pads.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Who's gonna put his pad under a flame or an hairdryer to erase it ? I think it's ridiculous.

Those look great ! Smile
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
The other problem with using frixion pens or markers is that if you leave it in your car on a hot day, you could go to perform it and discover all of the has vanished by itself!

Madison
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ave you guys seen this https://www.vanishingincmagic.co.uk/magic/magic-accessories/svenagain-reusable.

I do not get excited much these days but I loved the original Svengali pad idea but the first ones I got form Bret Barry where just terribly made. I tried to make up and effect with them and the ink went through so many pages it was crazy, they where just too cheap.

This looks likes its solved the problem for me, Couple that with being able to erase and remark the pages I think Sven is on to a winner. I have had a few things from Sven Lee and still use some like His Svencards and svenlopes

I have one on way so ill let you guys know if its the leap forward in Svengali systems that I hope it will be.

What ideas do you guys have for it?
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1663 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Ave you guys seen this https://www.vanishingincmagic.co.uk/magic/magic-accessories/svenagain-reusable.

I do not get excited much these days but I loved the original Svengali pad idea but the first ones I got form Bret Barry where just terribly made. I tried to make up and effect with them and the ink went through so many pages it was crazy, they where just too cheap.

This looks likes its solved the problem for me, Couple that with being able to erase and remark the pages I think Sven is on to a winner. I have had a few things from Sven Lee and still use some like His Svencards and svenlopes

I have one on way so ill let you guys know if its the leap forward in Svengali systems that I hope it will be.

What ideas do you guys have for it?

What kind of marker did you use? I've never had any issues with bleed at all using the inkpens Brett suggests
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
I sense a SvenWar coming on.. 👀
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, Alex DLF wrote:
Who's gonna put his pad under a flame or an hairdryer to erase it ? I think it's ridiculous.

Those look great ! Smile

The ridiculous thing is that you think that...

Friction ink wasn't invented for magicians. It was to erase a mistake. So all markers and pens come with an end that acts as an eraser. They also make specially formulated stand alone erasers too.
I've asked to be banned
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Sven Lee really knows how to expand the Svenpad idea.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, MadisonH wrote:
The other problem with using frixion pens or markers is that if you leave it in your car on a hot day, you could go to perform it and discover all of the has vanished by itself!

Madison

65 degrees Celsius is the tipping point..
I've asked to be banned
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I have the svencards, they are decent. If it uses the same technique to make them reusable, then some may not be happy...
I've asked to be banned
D Whitton
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of D Whitton
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, MadisonH wrote:

Madison

65 degrees Celsius is the tipping point..

..and if you leave it in the car on a freezing day the ink reappears. Not a great idea to use friction pens imho.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yes, but like all props and performances, be prepared, check and double check...we are not passive...
I've asked to be banned
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
These look absolutely fantastic... I think it has caused massive issues with Brett Who sells the svenpads but it is so nice to have a choice. I know that a lot of people swear by the svenpads claiming they are far more superior but I have got svenpads and Svengali pads from another supplier and I don’t think the difference is anything major (apart from the price). I get the impression that the maker of svenpads is getting a little worried because we now have cheaper alternatives that do exactly the same and even have a great feature like being properly reusable even if you use a sharpie. Sorry Svenpads but you are not fairest in the land anymore, you have got proper competition now.....
D Whitton
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of D Whitton
Quote:
On May 22, 2018, IAIN wrote:
Yes, but like all props and performances, be prepared, check and double check...we are not passive...

Yes, but there's no need to take the risk in the first place.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
It would not be an issue in the UK and most parts of Europe...
I've asked to be banned
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SvenAgain Reusable Svengali Book or Pad Set by Sven Lee (71 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL