The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Product Review from World Magic Shop » » WPR (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Philippe
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Have I missed an announcement from WPR ? Have they left us?
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1310 Posts

Profile of The Duster
They seem to say, 'see you in two weeks'

But they have actually been putting one out, once every 3 or more weeks.

I think it will average about 15 epsiodes a year.

It's a shame. I wish they would record two or three episodes in one sitting... as they are together, and they have a backloge of effects. Then they could put out a show almost every week.

It's both annoying - as I want to see the show every week, and because you never know on the Wednesday if it's going to come out... so you think, 'they said in two weeks, that's today'... and then nothing pops up.... then you think the week after, must be today... and again nothing

G'ah

But shows it's still a show I look forward to, or it wouldn't be annoying that the shows aren't coming out as often, or in a way you can predict.

At this rate maybe they will get less and less often until they stop altogether

Strange thing is others [Saturn/Alakazam] have become more and more regular with their 'shows' - but WPR has always been so much more watchable, in fact [hate to say it] unless I'm thinking of buying x, and it's on Saturn/Alakazam show - I never watch theirs. But I will watch a new WPR without even knowing what they are going to review
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
4827 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I agree. As much as I love Alakazam - and I do...they put out some of the best magic today - their review show is just flat. It plods along and takes forever to get through the reviews.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
I too, have become, annoyed, frustrated,disappointed with delays. But, alas, I am also hooked, addicted and full of anticipation for each new episode.
SHAZAM!
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1310 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Another Wednesday and no show

Going to be well over a month between each show

I guess that since they took the pressure off themselves of doing it weekly - it’s become easier and easier to not do shows

Shame....

As I said I would film two or three shows each time they meet... and then they will have shows almost weekly... with very little extra work
Nat
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of Nat
Magic Wish List:

Alakazam: Concision, concision, concision! Be short, be sincere, be seated - an old public speaker adage!

WPR: Yes, more consistency (once a month) and offer mid and end of the year -- Best Workers!

Nat
cardbiker
View Profile
Special user
901 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Also no mention of LADs this year tried phoning them numerous times no reply
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1197 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
You guys are spoiled. Its a free show, heck I'm just glad they are still doing it after all these years.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
~Albert Einstein
Bill
View Profile
Veteran user
and Pretty Nice Guy
365 Posts

Profile of Bill
Spoiled or not, nothing wrong with holding someone at their word.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1197 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Dude, it wasn't a promise or anything. These guys are professional working magicians who take time out of the schedule to do a FREE review show for the masses. Stuff happens, money needs to be made, family things come up, etc. People are complaining on this thread like they paid for this show or something...

Quote:
On Jun 9, 2018, Bill wrote:
Spoiled or not, nothing wrong with holding someone at their word.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion that stands at the cradle of true art and true science.
~Albert Einstein
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11821 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I miss him, and his little dog too. Smile
zoltan
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of zoltan
It's Wednesday - It's 12 o'clock and I've got nothing to watch Smile

I usually sneak off for a wet shave every Wednesday night and watch the show in peace in the bathroom. It's gotta be a hell of a lot of work to make such a good show and I can understand it taking it's toll. To fill the gaps I've gone waaay back to the start and started re-watching the old shows again. TBH it's been so long since watching them the first time they feel like new shows to me.

Fingers crossed for some new episodes soon though - we miss you guys!
I say in 200 words what most people say in 20.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
697 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
After many years of such a successful review show and then suddenly stopping (up to now anyway) leaving people/customers and world wide viewers wondering what is happening.

Why can they not tell us via social media messages/email etc or here on the Café on why they are not doing the shows at the moment,whether because of work commitments or holidays or for what ever reason.???

Graham. Smile
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Wizard Product Review from World Magic Shop » » WPR (12 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL