The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tamariz stack to mirror stack (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hiya, in Tamariz's book Mnemonica, does he describe a way to go from Tamariz stack to Mirror stack was thinking of mem deck material and then ending with total coincidence
Thanks
Daren
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Yes, there are multiple ways to get into mirror/stay stack from Mnemonica. One routine requiring a table is shared by Juan Tamariz in his book, and I also know there are at least 2 other methods to get there, one that involves a few shuffles in the hands, and another if I recall correctly was from Denis Behr’s recent Dvd set.
rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
Hi Daren,

The better version of the Tamariz process can be found on his DVD set Mnemonica Miracles on Disc 1 in the explanation to Everything in Order he explains a different way to get into stay stack, which whilst similar to the book, shortens the overhand run of cards considerably, and makes it much more usable, at least to a mere mortal like me!

As Sgtgrey hinted in Denis Behr's new book he explains a way to get into what he calls Power Stack from Mnemonica with a very quick process that can then lead into Stay Stack.

Finally if you can track down Luis Otero's lecture notes from Blackpool 2017 he has a routine called Subtraction is Better that in the course of a fun trick gets you out of Mnemonica into stay stack, and doesn't require you having to deal long lines of cards as in the Tamariz trick, just two piles, so it saves on table space!

Those are the three methods I currently am utilising, if anyone knows of any others would be great to find out.

From stay stack you can go into the numerous matching mates type routines, I tend to use Allan Ackerman's handling of Marlo's routine, to end with dealing out a full deck of mated cards.

Or you can go into a new deck order climax, by doing the anti-faro 4 pickup from Mnnemonica or Woody Aragon's High Card routine from Memorandum also works with Mnemonica and again takes up less table space! Or look at Woody's new DVD set as TeleTriumph II will also work with Mnemonica for a powerhouse closer! But shhhh I didn't mention any of that!
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Rich, thanks for the mention of the variation in Mnemonica Miracles - I have the set, but I'd forgotten about that. I'd not heard of Luis Otero's effect, I'll have to track that down as well.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Thanks guys!
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1569 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Pretty interesting way to get into it right here. You can even do away with the lennart green angle separation and just upjog the cards instead. Pretty simple and straight forward

https://youtu.be/l1Zyx56Ce6Q
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
1926 - 2023
New York City
8558 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Or use my THE GREAT DIVIDE, which is much better than the rip-off.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Tamariz stack to mirror stack (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL