The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New World Order by Warren Thackeray (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
SteveTheAmazing
View Profile
Regular user
Detroit,MI
111 Posts

Profile of SteveTheAmazing
Warren Thackeray is a complex and interesting dude. He's also a very kind person. This release sounds very intriguing and I can't wait to check it out.
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Machina
Steve Wichman reviews:

Review of New World Order by Warren Thackeray

I first became aware of Warren Thackeray through the works of a couple of big names and was super excited to see something with his name on it.

To start off I’ll describe the effect as best I can:

Without giving away the performance part, it’s a very snappy pseudo-hypnosis induction. Followed by whatever you whatever process you want to act out before doing as many reveals as you think are believable. You can also do the procedure, and then info blast with absolutely nothing in-between, which I think makes it even more inexplicable if you’re so inclined.

It’s a potentially very multilayered reveal of information. It could be anything from numbers, names, birthdates, etc. There are so many things that could be gathered with this method that it’s possible to have a freight-train reveal and unload one thing after another.

Gathering the information is so streamlined, and there is absolutely no fishing. Nothing is written by the participant, no PA either. Not even any DR in the harvesting.

Its brilliant in its’ depravity in this way. The participant will have absolutely no idea how you could know any of what you told him. The participant is going to be just as amazed as the audience, if not more because it’s a high detail, real time mind read.

The amount of information you can get from this is absolutely staggering and happens in just an instant. In many situations the revelations could be teased out over the course of many minutes if you desired or just be quite punchy one after another.

My thoughts on the effect:

Warren demonstrated this for me and WOW! To watch how the whole thing happens is amazing! If you see this done by a seasoned performer, you will be sad to know the how-to part of this. That part is brilliant too, but knowing it immediately makes you realize what you saw wasn’t real telepathy. It’s soooo good it’s unreal.

When I was shown New World Order I was given some time to try to back track the method and the only good idea I had in my mind was that it must be P**-***w. It most definitely is not. Everything you get happens in real time while working with the participant. The effect totally blew my mind.

Thoughts on the over-all viability:

You’ll notice in the ad copy for New World Order it recommends hypnosis or pseudo-hypnosis to give this a go with. I couldn’t agree more. Other approaches are possible though. You are going to need to be comfortable maneuvering the participant in order to do this, it’s kind of a “spatial mind reading” in this way.

Consequently, even in some rare instances, you might find that you execute everything perfectly with someone who otherwise appears to be right to do this with and immediately discover you’re not going to get any info from them. You will know this immediately during the presentation and you won’t have any problems here because you already got a rise from the audience by getting into the setup and you can just pivot into something else and no one is the wiser.

The method is fairly easy to do. If you know the situation you’re looking for to make this happen you can go for it and expect to succeed.

What I think is super cool about this:

You can get so much information that the presentational options are virtually unlimited. You don’t have to drop it out right after you get it. You can use the information later to appear to do PIN reveals, star signs, etc. for example. You can slow burn or explode with the presentation. Its super flexible in this way. So, it can be a standalone effect or it can be interwoven with whatever your imagination comes up with to combine it with.

The info you get is a guaranteed hit also. Its personal, and its detailed. The method is absolutely untraceable, and you can just drop bombs with it. The most difficult part of this whole thing is how to present the information itself. This is mostly because there is usually going to be quite a lot of it, so you have to pick what to put into play and how you want to get it there.

The participant may actually be more amazed than the audience with this one, and if asked later by others about what happened, he will have had the exact same experience as the rest of the audience. He closed his eyes and then someone started telling him a lot of information that they shouldn’t know about him. It’s exactly what the audience saw, but for him its personal.

Who am I to write a review:

So, this is my first time posting a review here and I feel like I should probably tell you a little about who I am now that I’ve given a review.

I make my money in the field of psychology. I train people in cognitive skills, including short-term and long-term memory. Most of my clients are children with serious learning disabilities that are barriers for pursuing things like speech and vision therapy that they desperately need, or education generally. And adults with traumatic brain injuries. This is all accomplished by very intense and regular one-on-one training sessions.

A number of the skills I use professionally are the same as a mentalist or hypnotist, connecting with and monitoring the client, pushing them, tracking their attention, sensing when they’re straining, and finding ways to overcome unique challenges on the fly.

I also do performances with hypnosis and mentalism. I love anything where a person can be taken by words, thoughts, or actions to be moved to experience something different, something deeper. I love to be able to perform really brilliant things, and this one is definitely going in my tool box.

Disclosure:

In full disclosure, I pre-ordered a copy from MindFX and paid full price. I have not received the physical book yet and cannot describe or review anything about the editing, formatting or printing. This review only covers the effect itself. Out of respect to the creator, I have also submitted this review to editing by Warren in order to make sure I’m not exposing anything in the method or presentation that would inadvertently reveal the secret behind it or hurt sales by giving anything that could be used to reverse-engineer a similar methodology.

I have not been offered or promised anything in exchange for this review by Warren Thackeray, or anyone else affiliated with its production or publication.
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

www.mechanicsofthemind.com
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
So you can also reveal pin numbers with this method? It seems like it according to the above review?

Thanks
Sleepy
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
Sounds absolutely amazing. I've taken a very unusual step for me and pre-ordered.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
Machina
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Machina
Never reveal someone's pin code.

You can reveal a four digit number sure.

You can do many many presentations.
This "has nothing to do with the Magician who doesn't like Rock n Roll!" Corinda

Machina
View Profile
Elite user
408 Posts

Profile of Machina
From Phedon Bilek:
Knowing intimate details such as names, star signs and more without anything EVER being written down, asked or fished… How does that sound? I wondered where the catch was. He had just come up with an ‘opportunistic’ method that enables you to do just this, when the conditions are right. Which is VERY often. Warren, how... devious is this? Pick it up. Now. This is the kind of simple stuff that is just too good to miss.

Phedon Bilek

Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, Mr. F wrote:

When we Skyped... He demonstrated everything, in full view, that is necessary for the method to work, and I was clueless. I’m fairly knowledgeable, asked a hundred questions trying to catch the method, and I still had no idea...as the ad copy states, it is situational.

So, this can be performed via Skype? The necessary situation does not necessarily have to occur in person?
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Ok so this arrived a couple hours ago for me (I preordered). It was a good time as I was literally about to go to a party/gathering type thing, so I read the whole book in around 45 mins. I obviously was not going to perform it the same day as this will need practice. , But what I did do when I went to the party is I checked how Many people will be suitable for this effect (without them noticing). Anyways, a lot of people I thought would work as I walked around the place but when I got to fully checking if this effect would work with them, out of the around 20 people that I checked, it would have only worked for two of them. I don't perform that much, as in I'm more of a hobbyist than a professional (although I do do gigs here and there) and so I think this will be too situational for me.

The actual methods provided work and the spectator will definitely not have a clue how you could know what you know but for me this is too situational compared to how.muvh I perform and how I will actually use it.

Overral, this is a very clean demonstration of mind reading (basically as clean as you can get) but it's too situational for my needs.

To the people wondering, I checked my participants, in the guise of another effect/s. This is for the people in the know.

If you perform professionally and perform alot, then this will be perfect for you.

Due to this, Im going to be selling my copy, please pm me of you would like it.

Thanks
Sleepy
Mr. Dural
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Mr. Dural
Could you please elaborate a bit further on this why its not suitable as a lot of magicians/ mentalists here are at your level of performing. I for one am seriously considering this effect but your post made me hold on for further info. If you prefer, you can PM me as I would really like to know more before I buy...and then have to cry.
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2018, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2018, Mr. F wrote:

When we Skyped... He demonstrated everything, in full view, that is necessary for the method to work, and I was clueless. I’m fairly knowledgeable, asked a hundred questions trying to catch the method, and I still had no idea...as the ad copy states, it is situational.

So, this can be performed via Skype? The necessary situation does not necessarily have to occur in person?

You cannot perform this for someone over Skype. It must be performed in person. I was shown all that is necessary for the method to work. He could have just as easily performed it on someone while I watched. I saw exactly what everyone watching will see. This was not a case of “this is what everyone will remember.”
tomd
View Profile
Special user
747 Posts

Profile of tomd
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2018, Mr. Dural wrote:
Could you please elaborate a bit further on this why its not suitable as a lot of magicians/ mentalists here are at your level of performing. I for one am seriously considering this effect but your post made me hold on for further info. If you prefer, you can PM me as I would really like to know more before I buy...and then have to cry.

It's nothing to do with skill level, and more to do with how many times you perform vs the situation arising.

In my opinion it's way to situational. Have it in your back pocket (metaphorically) for when it does.
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Nothing in the ad is incorrect or misleading, but I know that the 'situational' moments I could use this are rare and I don't feel able to adequately practice and prepare for those moments... It might just be me, but this is something that I might try once in a blue moon (maybe) but it's pretty unlikely.

I don't feel too bummed though, cause I know if the situations were right it would play exactly as described. I don't feel misled, but I wish there was a better way of describing the requirements than 'situational'. If I had known what the requirements were I definitely wouldn't have purchased it, but again, it's not misleading and if the requirements are met it will 100% play out as per the ad.
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
I realise reading that back it seems rather negative - I don't mean it to be and I can see that the effect would be great, it just isn't for me.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
So this can be done over the phone ?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
No, it can't be done over the phone
Dominic Mastronardi
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Dominic Mastronardi
If this is situational and can't be done over the phone and there are no billets etc, my guess is that this is somehow technology-based? If that's the case it's something I wouldn't be interested in either. I am contemplating picking this up, but not if it relies on electronic technology. Can someone answer this honestly before I take a chance and purchase?
Jaypadilla720
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Jaypadilla720
I just preordered this since it does sound fantastic, but about this situational thing I wouldnt mind it much. This can be something I hold on to for those occasions.
shakuni
View Profile
Inner circle
1169 Posts

Profile of shakuni
Does it depend upon a special type of phone? Thanks!
Last Laugh
View Profile
Inner circle
Grass Valley, California
3498 Posts

Profile of Last Laugh
I received this, and I'm happy with the purchase. However, I think that the situations where this will work are not 'very often' as mentioned earlier. I guess it's going to be relative to how much you perform.

If you are someone who is already an opportunistic information gatherer, then this is worth having under your belt, especially if you are a professional who performs a lot for strangers. For those who are constantly performing, then - yes this probably does come up a reasonable amount of time.

However this is not going to be all that useful if you are a hobbyist who doesn't perform much or mostly performs for friends.
My Mentalism Podcast:
The Mystery Arts Podcast

Check out my products!

Direct from me (PW: cassidy)

On Penguin Magic
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2018, Last Laugh wrote:
I think that the situations where this will work are not 'very often' as mentioned earlier.

Hi Last Laugh, I respect your opinion but I have to strongly disagree. I stand by my statement above: conditions WILL be met very often. Now, it MIGHT depend on where you perform, but even taking that into account I cannot see any environment that wouldn’t allow it.

Just my humble opinion.

Be well,

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New World Order by Warren Thackeray (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL