We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Magic 4 Less (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
34 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
I know that this may not be the right forum to post about an individual dealer but I am not sure of a better one in the Café for this. If this should go somewhere else, I apologize.

Have any of you had recent dealings with this dealer, Magic 4 Less, who is based out of Utah?

I purchased $70 worth of books in mid-May. While not the fastest shipper (shipped 4 days after ordering), I figured that was the trade-off for the great price I paid and I was ok with that. I received everything as expected. All good.

I placed another order about a week later for about $130. Nothing. No shipment notifications. Nothing received. I have emailed a few times. No response. I have called. Never gotten a live person to answer. Usually, I get a voicemail is full message. I was able to leave a voicemail once. No response.

It has been 24 days since I placed the second order. At this point, I have started a dispute through PayPal, so while irritated, I am not too worried about losing my money. Obviously, I am highly unlikely to do business with this dealer again unless he can demonstrate to me some sort of real extenuating one-time freak circumstance, which I doubt because promotional emails have continued unabated over this period. I am more interested in trying to find out if others on the Café use this dealer and if so, was my experience a total outlier or is this dealer a known “problem child” in the magic world.
lands10
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of lands10
I had started dealing with Magic 4 Less a few months ago and as you said, although they weren't the fastest shipper, I always received my order. That was until this month. I place and order on the 2nd and its been 22 days and the order still is listed as processing. I called them 3 times, sent 6 emails, messaged them on Facebook and tried another method which is to go through their website developer, all to no avail. It is very annoying to say the least. It seem like the owner, Bob Bowden is MIA. Perhaps he is not well and there is no one monitoring the site. The odd thing is that I still get sales emails weekly.
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
34 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
I never did get my stuff. PayPal returned the funds to me promptly. I am whole in that respect. But still, I am frustrated that it happened and I am disappointed that a dealer, who seemed to often have great pricing, is not going to be future option for my buying needs.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2814 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I placed several orders with Bob at Magic4Less last year. Every single one of them arrived with one or more items missing. After badgering him for awhile, he finally sent some of it, but not all. Still owes me over $250 worth of merchandise a year later. At one point he told me about a serious health emergency in his family, then handed the issue of the missing items off to his son, Bobby Bowden, who he said was basically taking over operations. I received reassurance that the missing items were on order from Murphy's and would be sent. Radio silence since then. Neither Bob nor his son Bobby answer emails, either to the store or personal email address, and don't answer messages sent to them via Facebook. Yet, as you say, they find time to spam emails about sales they are having constantly.

At some point you have to wonder if failure to deliver - rather than being an oversight - is baked into their business model. Sort of the Hank Lee approach to profit taking.

Too late for a Paypal claim for me, so I'm going to turn to warning others, filing with BBB, and notifying the appropriate authorities. No one is going to prosecute over $250, but if others are having the same experience and file similar reports, eventually someone's going to take action.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2814 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Update: Sent Bob Bowden yet another email. No response, and no surprise. Moving on now - theft shall be reported.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
EvilClown
View Profile
New user
Richmond, VA
34 Posts

Profile of EvilClown
Wonder if a call to the local police there would make a difference?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Magic 4 Less (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL